Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Man of Honour
Watching the Cohh twitch stream of this at the moment and got to say, after all the bad press of the game graphics, that I have no idea why people have complained about the PC graphics, they look great on the stream, the terrain and the water (water being something which has garnered negative comments) look terrific imo.

Maybe its all just been a case of people judging the games graphics based on console footage rather than waiting for PC footage, I dont know.

Soldato
Watching the Cohh twitch stream of this at the moment and got to say, after all the bad press of the game graphics, that I have no idea why people have complained about the PC graphics, they look great on the stream, the terrain and the water (water being something which has garnered negative comments) look terrific imo.

Maybe its all just been a case of people judging the games graphics based on console footage rather than waiting for PC footage, I dont know.
It was not made clear if the previous murky footage was console or PC but clearly the newer PC build is by far the best looking right now (even without RTX which is just a gimmick and only applies to a few small parts of the game). I hope the HDR on PC is not gimped by the Windows 10 Playready DRM which only allows HDR if you have an Intel GPU present & Intel SGX CPU.

Also on Xbox 1 players can choose between 1080 60FPS, 4K 30 FPS (with screen tearing!) or HDR & 1080 30 FPS or 4K with screen tearing. PC looks like it still has the edge technically without RTX. 2.5 hours to go to find out !

V F

V F

Soldato

It looks gorgeous on the PS4 to be honest. Feels and looks just as nice as Rise. Plus it has a lovely photo mode.

Soldato
OP
Good to see AWPC come around lol, he's not a bad guy really i quite like him :) just passionate about games, could have been worse we could have had the guy pioneer 2000 trolling this thread like he does in the console section.

Soldato
Good to see AWPC come around lol, he's not a bad guy really i quite like him :) just passionate about games, could have been worse we could have had the guy pioneer 2000 trolling this thread like he does in the console section.
You turned me to the dark side LOL ;) only 41 mins left to go now!

Steam is getting hammered at the moment not sure its even going to stay online @ 5PM seems to be a lot of bandwith consumption going on!

V F

V F

Soldato
For those of you that like playing on the absolute hardest difficulty, make sure to read the description thoroughly or you might be in for a surprise. :p

Yeah, I did. Forgotten what it said...

Hard:

Combat
  • Enemies have increased health, do more damage and locate Lara more quickly.
  • No health regeneration in combat
  • Ammunition boxes are rare
  • No hit markers on the reticle
  • Enemies are not highlighted in Survival Instincts
Exploration
  • No white paint on critical path
  • Reduced saving grab timer
  • No Survival Instincts during exploration
  • Base camps are unlit
Puzzles
  • No hints are given by Lara
  • No Survival Instincts
  • Shorter window of opportunity for timer mechanics
The Survival Instincts beacon (which highlights the next objective location) and glow (objects Lara can interact with) can also be toggled on or off regardless of difficulty settings, except when on the Deadly Obsession setting.We hope these additions allow more fans than ever to enjoy Tomb Raider.

Deadly Obsession is locked until you've completed the game.

Combat
  • Same as hard
  • No HUD icon when Lara is being detected by an enemy

Exploration
  • Same as Hard
  • Base camps are unlit and require resources to light
  • Game only saves at Base camps
Puzzles: Same as Hard.

Soldato
Took 18 mins to decrypt. 30.7GB after decryption. Uses 6.6GB RAM @ 4K. I have GTX1080 HOF & 1920X CPU with 16GB RAM. FPS @ 4K maxxed out (except for HDR) are passable but its also pretty laggy at times. This is a game art style wise no amount of screenshots or video will show you the quality you must be standing in front of monitor to see the difference. It looks like a 2018 game but also looks very drab in places with lots of dark grey & muddy brown lighting.

Takes about 15 mins to even get into the actual gameplay its a very slow burn game.

Also cannot enabled HDR (I have an AMD CPU). Graphically it looks ok but it must be said the art style is very low key & dark. Also finding a lot of hitching so far after every non interactive sequence like Lara climbing animation you get micro hitching. Might be the latest Denuvo DRM they are using again.

Some of the graphics like lens flare are very poor looking the pretty lighting FX from ROTTR is just not here neither is the global lighting model. The game looks very subdued & dark in the opening section I am playing right now.

Soldato
enable vsync in the menu change too 100 and disable vsync again as u should only have vsync on in nvidia control panel!

works perfect for me so far 70+ fps at 3440x1440 on ultra with motion and bloom turned off.

games looks incredible!

Back
Top Bottom