1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BGGLP, Sep 10, 2018.

1. davisdavid

Wise Guy

Destiny expansion, Spiderman, RDR2, BFV, FIFA 19 and whatever COD we're up to are all out or coming in the build up to Xmas.

Roll on black Friday.

2. davisdavid

Wise Guy

Oh and super smash bros :D

3. V F

Capodecina

I like the puzzles in these type of games just like Uncharted. Sometimes it is nice to have a breather from all the action.

4. davisdavid

Wise Guy

The ign review said there was less shooting action and a little more stealth. Plus there's 9 huge tombs apparently to explore :eek:

5. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

RPS reckon the puzzles in this one are the best of the reboot trilogy alright.

6. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Thought the last 2 were superb and bought a new laptop to play the new one haha :p

7. hyperseven

Soldato

:confused:

8. V F

Capodecina

I love how they've introduced a photo mode this time with competitions part of it. The game looks gorgeous though and stuff carries over from past games.

9. V F

Capodecina

What have they done to the stick controls? They feel awful. Max sensitivity and they're still too slow. It's so slow then it accelerates too fast. They felt so nice in Rise.

10. BGGLP

Gangster

Gonna wait until this gets a response time patch. How they can release games with poor response times for movement is unbelievable really.

11. davisdavid

Wise Guy

How bad is it? I didn't bother pre ordering due to getting spiderman but was looking forward to picking this up this weekend.

Have square enix commented on it or anything?

12. V F

Capodecina

It is quite bad. You cannot track if something moves fast across the screen. It's too slow. There is a slow movement delay then it's like acceleration kicks in then overshoots all the time. I have the sensitivity maxed out.

I haven't seen anything on their forums about it.

13. Things change I've changed

Capodecina

I'm really looking forward to this, as long as it's more of the same I'll be happy.

14. BGGLP

Gangster

Hope they patch this soon

15. biron_w

Sgarrista

I'm enjoying what I've played so far. If you enjoyed the first 2 games then you'll enjoy this.

16. Jase

Mobster

Not so sure about that, I enjoyed the first, second wasn't as good and so far I'm not getting the Tomb Raider feel from this one. Not sure why tbh but it doesn't feel right. Graphics are nice in places (playing on Xbone X) but in some places it feels like there's a mix of 4K and 1080p and there's also some pretty poor frame rates at times especially in the first Village.

17. BGGLP

Gangster

What’s the general consensus so far then?

18. robfosters

Caporegime

Really enjoying it. Graphics for me are beautiful. Problem is they’re so lovely, I tend to forget about the story and just stand there looking around in awe, hammering the screenshot button.

19. V F

Capodecina

:D :D

20. BGGLP

Gangster

Thought it was just me that loves doing that! Haha. Sounds like my kind of game then lol. You playing on the pro? HDR nice?