She Hulk (Marvel TV Series)

Soldato
No exaggeration, this is possibly the worst TV show i've seen....for years. The last decade, maybe longer. Every aspect of it is just terrible.
I returned to it a few times in the hope it would get better or do something clever/interesting, but it just got worse.

I can't process how bad it is.

Marvel sinks lower than its ever sunk before. It can only be of interest to Marvel stans who will seal-clap the cameos and references "Look they said the thing that's in the other thing, that's like the thing" - just simply Pavlonian conditioning at this point. A mess of misandry by men-hating middle-aged single wine women who get sloshed at night and bitch about it, made for the same audience.

Caporegime
And right on cue, there he is Marvel Stan #1!

:cry:
You seem to cry like a baby when people call you names in threads you claim to be passionate about. But then you do the same in threads about shows you claim to not care about. Look at it objectively. It's equal levels hypocritical and sad.

Just accept there are people in the thread who don't care about your blue pill red pill anti women crap and move on!

rp2000

Soldato
I think I’m gonna do the same. The CGI is naff, the storyline is beyond stupid and it seemingly adds nothing to the MCU. After the disappointing Thor outing in L&T I really hope this isn’t the direction Marvel is headed.

It appears misandry, bad CGI and terrible green-screens are what Marvel is aiming for these days. Oh and comedy that wouldn't even get on the Big Bang Theory, though I suspect that's the audienc they are aiming for, 20-40 year old passive phone drones who have low-expectations, no quality threshold who just consume TV in the background while they scroll their free-time away...

Just content slurry.

Soldato
Just accept there are people in the thread who don't care about your blue pill red pill anti women crap and move on!

rp2000

What utter twaddle, there's no blue pill red pill, this is a flat-out no-holds barrred, don't even care if you know it - a 100% man-hate show, made by beta women who ain't getting any for beta women who 'aint getting any either!

:D

Have you any shred of dignity left that you'd rather shill for this than have self-respect for yourself?

Soldato
I get that we don't all like the same stuff, life would be boring if we did.

But saying the same old crap over and over is dull and pointless.

I absolutely 100% agree with you here, only allowing people to say "yay this show is really good" over and over is just as dull and pointless and only allowing those saying "boo this show is really bad" over and over.

Luckily as we're a forum, rather than an echo-chamber, we are allowed to see more than a single opinion given in a thread, which leads to debate and conversations where people are able to butt-heads against those with differing opinions, with each side using what they believe to be rational thought and logic to present their case to the other side, hoping to maybe change some minds but understanding that often this won't occur and being understanding when it doesn't.

Obviously back in the real world we get emotionally driven "logic" from both sides instead, who are very happy to be deeply entrenched in their singular view, meaning debate is worthless and this seems to lead to calls from one side that the other side shouldn't be posting in this thread and that, by allowing the other side to post the same old crap over and over, it becomes dull and pointless etc...........oh wait :D

Also, (maybe cheekily), as someone who I would suggest is probably more progressive than myself, I'm surprised that you appear to be opposed to allowing people to be Diverse, as being "anti-Diversity" would be a trait normally thrown at those on the Far-Right from what I've seen and I'm very sure that label wouldn't describe your political leanings.

Caporegime
I absolutely 100% agree with you here, only allowing people to say "yay this show is really good" over and over is just as dull and pointless and only allowing those saying "boo this show is really bad" over and over.

Luckily as we're a forum, rather than an echo-chamber, we are allowed to see more than a single opinion given in a thread, which leads to debate and conversations where people are able to butt-heads against those with differing opinions, with each side using what they believe to be rational thought and logic to present their case to the other side, hoping to maybe change some minds but understanding that often this won't occur and being understanding when it doesn't.

Perhaps you can point to me where constructive criticism is being given below for any of the episodes strengths and weaknesses from this particular user?

The MShe-U what a a complete disaster of woke garbage.

It's misandry dressed up as fem empowerment. Made by people with an agenda, for people who have a very low bar and who will laugh at anything.

If you think this is good TV, then maybe just turn your TV off.

Marvel sinks lower than its ever sunk before. It can only be of interest to Marvel stans who will seal-clap the cameos and references "Look they said the thing that's in the other thing, that's like the thing" - just simply Pavlonian conditioning at this point. A mess of misandry by men-hating middle-aged single wine women who get sloshed at night and bitch about it, made for the same audience.

It doesn't even sound like he's watching it, which is fine, if he didn't keep coming back and posting the same stuff ad-naseum.

That was my point.

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Obviously this wasn't made for folks like myself, but whats the hook for those that are watching? What keeps you coming back for more? From the clips I've seen the show looks very low budget, isn't particularly funny and the main character doesn't seem all that heroic. If anything it appears to be a show about a depressed middle aged woman written by depressed middle aged women.

Taken from another forum but seems to be the general consensus there.
This has gotten to a point where I honestly have to ask why a person who enjoys the Marvel Universe would watch this? Its just so boring. The idea of watching a Super Hero is not just about the Hero. It also revolves around why the Hero is a Hero. Saving lives in extraordinary situations is what excites most Marvel Fans. There is nothing about this show that represents this idea. Save for a few moments, this show could be about a woman who dresses up like She-Hulk and tries to live her day. I realize that the comic book was also light hearted, but this show has just done a poor job of presenting what the comic book did better, much better.

In one word: Boring

This is the exact opposite of what comic books represent.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Taken from another forum but seems to be the general consensus there.

I think the thing that makes She Hulk so good is precisely what he's complaining about, but if you come to this expecting standard issue Superheroics you're always going to be disappointed. That's not what this is, and not what it is trying to be. Personally, I think that's a good thing, there's no reason that Marvel should be sticking to doing the same heroic thing all the time. There's so much more that can be done, why not explore it? And, in fact, that's what Marvel has been doing with these series for Disney+.

Associate
What utter twaddle, there's no blue pill red pill, this is a flat-out no-holds barrred, don't even care if you know it - a 100% man-hate show, made by beta women who ain't getting any for beta women who 'aint getting any either!

Have you any shred of dignity left that you'd rather shill for this than have self-respect for yourself?
Darujhistan, get help or at least turn your computer off and do something fun for a while :)

bad_opinions.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Perhaps you can point to me where constructive criticism is being given below for any of the episodes strengths and weaknesses from this particular user?

Is there a forum rule which says criticism needs to be constructive?

I'm sure in the 3rd paragraph I even alluded to this -

Obviously back in the real world we get emotionally driven "logic" from both sides instead, who are very happy to be deeply entrenched in their singular view, meaning debate is worthless.................

It doesn't even sound like he's watching it, which is fine, if he didn't keep coming back and posting the same stuff ad-naseum.

That was my point.

Which being an open forum he can do - there are tools available to bypass his posts if you find them a waste of time, you could add him to your ignore list for example and then you'd never have to read his posts ever again, problem solved!

So whilst I understand your point - I also find it tedious seeing the same comments posted again and again by the same people in different threads, such as "youtube reviewers can't be trusted as they are only in it for the money" for example - I also think it may be best for you to use the tools given to solve your problem, and then everyone's happy! :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is there a forum rule which says criticism needs to be constructive?

I'm sure in the 3rd paragraph I even alluded to this -

Which being an open forum he can do - there are tools available to bypass his posts if you find them a waste of time, you could add him to your ignore list for example and then you'd never have to read his posts ever again, problem solved!

So whilst I understand your point - I also find it tedious seeing the same comments posted again and again by the same people in different threads, such as "youtube reviewers can't be trusted as they are only in it for the money" for example - I also think it may be best for you to use the tools given to solve your problem, and then everyone's happy! :)

I did put him on ignore the other day.

You are not in ignore, but feel free to add me if my posts are boring you.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the thing that makes She Hulk so good is precisely what he's complaining about, but if you come to this expecting standard issue Superheroics you're always going to be disappointed. That's not what this is, and not what it is trying to be. Personally, I think that's a good thing, there's no reason that Marvel should be sticking to doing the same heroic thing all the time. There's so much more that can be done, why not explore it? And, in fact, that's what Marvel has been doing with these series for Disney+.
What makes it "so good"? Acting? Writing? Story? Where would it sit compared to the other marvel offerings in phase 4?

Soldato
You are not in ignore, but feel free to add me if my posts are boring you.

God no, I enjoy seeing a wide range of opinions even if they are diametrically opposed to my own and I generally enjoy the debates now I'm mellowing with age. Some of that probably comes down to my personal "freedom of speech" beliefs but I suppose mostly its that I like seeing what/how other people are thinking, because if you don't know what/how someone thinks then how are you supposed to talk to them, to have a conversation or a debate. Plus I find having a debate with someone who think opposite to myself forces me to think of better 'arguments' to justify my own position rather than just "No you're wrong and I'm not listening", although I've definitely been guilty of that on here in the past.

Caporegime
What makes it "so good"? Acting? Writing? Story? Where would it sit compared to the other marvel offerings in phase 4?

It's well written, with good characters and solid actors. The less said about the CGI the better. Like other shows of a similar format, it's episodic rather than built around an ongoing story, more similar to things like Brooklyn 99 than Babylon 5. I can give you my subjective enjoyment of it compared to other marvel offerings but I don't see much point: it's just a different kind of show, like asking how Sex and the City compares to Spartacus. I look forward to the new episodes, especially as I generally end up watching it straight after the latest House of the Dragon episode and its frothy lightness makes for a pleasant palette cleanser.

Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom