Shop bought pork pies - hot or cold?

Associate
I cannot believe the folk who think a cold pork pie is superior ! From the chiller they are hard and tasteless. Warm ‘em up, serve with spuds and peas and a marmite gravy. Mum did that for Dad every other Saturday or so for 40 or more years and I still love it now and miss the ‘normal’ family meals we had. The Pork Pie is a wonderful thing - don’t chill it to death !!

Associate
I see your point, hadn’t looked at the dates. I had googled ‘safe internal temperature to heat Pork Pie’ after a row with my far to safety and hygiene conscious daughter and up came this thread !

Associate
I prefer a warm pie but if you microwave a cold pie it just wrecks it as the jelly melts amd turns the pie soggy.

Warm in an oven yes, in a microwave no

Soldato
My reply is probably still the same from 3 years ago:
Warming pork pies up is weird

Little butchers in black rod, near Bolton, still makes his own - his old mum cooks them upstairs!

Get there while they're still warm from the oven and it's godly. Not as good reheated.

Soldato
I've never tried them heated up. Always cold with salad cream, sliced tomatoes, and coleslaw.
I also love Gala Pie! Pretty much the same but loaf shaped and with an egg in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom