Shots fired outside parliament - Please refrain from speculative and antagonistic posts

Caporegime
MPs are currently whinging about how it was a minister's close protection officer that stopped the attacker, not the regular officers assigned to the PoW.

As utterly tragic as it is that someone died while serving and protecting others, someone does need to ask how it was that a man with a knife was able to kill an armed officer and how it could be prevented going forwards.

Caporegime
As utterly tragic as it is that someone died while serving and protecting others, someone does need to ask how it was that a man with a knife was able to kill an armed officer and how it could be prevented going forwards.

Agreed. If he hadnt happen to be passing presumably the attack would have got past the two policemen on the gate and into Westminster. That really shouldnt happen when we are alert level 2.

Soldato

The last I heard he wasn't armed, has it changed again?

Even if he was I thought that video posted up a few pages back about the speed and distance a knife attacker can overpower an armed person quite interesting

Caporegime
The last I heard he wasn't armed, has it changed again?

Even if he was I thought that video posted up a few pages back about the speed and distance a knife attacker can overpower an armed person quite interesting

I don't know, I thought earlier in the thread it was said he was. If he wasn't then even more worrying given the location he's posted to though perhaps more explainable why he was tragically killed.

Soldato
I don't know, I thought earlier in the thread it was said he was. If he wasn't then even more worrying given the location he's posted to though perhaps more explainable why he was tragically killed.

Yea, I don't think either of the two officers there were armed, it was a politicians bodyguard who just happened to be nearby who saw the attack and shot the guy.

Soldato
Some people are. The ones who have the same opinions as her. I didnt think they existed but there are at least 2 on here who have come clean.
Just to clarify before you include me in that, my post said "her supporters" not the woman herself.

I don't want you getting confused again like yesterday over the "temporary deporting" rubbish.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was to late above.

Azazi and Chris WIlson for 2.
What? There you go again, show me where i have said i support what Katie Hopkins says?

You are at it again, accusing me of things I have not said, and it is getting boring now and i am getting fed up of you being allowed to get away with it.

This is what I posted, get your facts right and stop accusing people of things they have not said!

You really do think you are more important or a better person than her readers and supporters don't you? You are the same towards Trump supporters to.

There is a trend on here with you and quite a few others, get your nose out the air.

Take note Greebo.

And stop your fake news

Last edited:
Caporegime
You really do think you are more important or a better person than her readers and supporters don't you? You are the same towards Trump supporters to.

There is a trend on here with you and quite a few others, get your nose out the air.
lol oh look who it is.

Yes I am a better human being than her. I don't go round spewing the bile and excrement that she does. Causing divisions when there is no need for that at this time, when London has suffered a terrible attack.

She is nothing more than a vile cretin and the same goes for her supporters.

Soldato

Absolutely.

But the assertion that seems to be made that nothing is being done, or especially 'lefties' don't want anything to be done is just nonsense. There is a lot being done, by a lot of countries in the world since it's not just the West ISIS hate and are attacking, they just seem to hate everyone! There is military action against them in their own territories, infiltration of their networks, going after their funding, there is a war going on and I wouldn't say we were losing it.

Thing is with Terrorist groups, history shows that political dialogue not military force is the most effective solution to ending hostilities, but with ISIS they seem to have no inclination to want to talk, they just seem to want to kill anyone who isnt ISIS and as such they just need wiping off the face of the planet imo.

But what the 'lefties' don't want to do is have some sort of hysterical overreaction when something happens on our home ground - thankfully very rarely because of the good work being done by the security services - and start banning/deporting everyone who looks slightly suspicious or believes in a certain religion or "build a wall" around the entire country when this is not going to defeat ISIS or make us any appreciably safer. The war, thankfully, is not being fought on our soil and some single British guy who for his own reasons took up their twisted cause is not waves of ISIS soldiers invading our lands and one which unfortunately, no matter what draconian measures you bring into force, you are never going to stop happening

Caporegime
it is tricky, the thing that worries me is this business of folk from here being radicalised, what is it that's so wrong with our society that people think it's that bad?

In part it may be due to disillusionment. The general background of many of these people (not specifically this guy though) is a young person that hasn't had a good "go" at life (quite possibly because of themselves), usually from a poorer background, with existing criminal records and possibly violent pasts/gang related crime. If you don't feel like you're part of society and/or you think that society is washing past you then you're more likely to be swayed by those that proclaim all can be solved by killing yourself and a heavenly afterlife.

It's just a more extreme version of how religion "latches" on to most people that convert down the ages. They see it as their salvation from the **** they have to deal with in real life. Religion has always "preyed" upon those people, whether they be Muslim, Christian or Hindu.

EDIT: Actually I'm wrong there - It seems like this guy did fit the mould quite well. A string of convictions, including violence and the use of a knife, as long as your arm from the age of 18...

Last edited:
Soldato
The war, thankfully, is not being fought on our soil and some single British guy who for his own reasons took up their twisted cause is not waves of ISIS soldiers invading our lands and one which unfortunately, no matter what draconian measures you bring into force, you are never going to stop happening

Excuse me? Yes it is being fought on our soil, we don't see it all because it has been stopped by the security forces we have, so yes they are being fought on our soil, we are winning is the difference, for now.

How many attacks have been thwarted, 13? I am not sure but what if just one of them had got through, how many dead, 0,1,10,100?

Back
Top Bottom