Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
Made the below tonight (3rd person! Seems to be popular). I think that I overcooked the chicken a bit, but it was very nice. I put in asparagus as well, as I have heaps at the moment. Also used fresh chilli, and put far too many in! Rarely do my eyes water, but this dish did just that - I made my own garlic paste which didn't help either I suspect.
If I did it again (which I'm sure I will!) I'll put a bit more honey in, and don't cook the chicken for as long.

Thanks for the recipe Sudden!

Took it from a new recipie book :)

1) Cut 250gm boneless chicken breast into slices.

2) Marinade in 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp oil for an hour.

3) Then coat in dry cornflour and deep fry until crisp and golden brown. Make sure each piece is coated. Drain and keep aside after.

4) Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Add 2-3 dry red chillies, broken up and stir. After this, add 2 tsp garlic paste and stir.

5) And 2 tbsp of the white part of spring onions, finely chopped. While you're at it, cut the greens into 1" pieces and set it aside. (I used about 2 lengths of spring onions for this bit).

6) Along with the spring onion, add 2 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchip, 1 1/2 - 2 t tbsp soya sauce and 2 tsp honey. Saute for a few seconds.

7) Add in the chicken from earlier and stir-fry. Make sure it gets coated with the sauce properly. Add in the greens from the spring onions. Serve hot :D

Soldato
Cooked the giant YP/steak thing today :D was soo good!
Made black peppercorn sauce to go with it.

It's very filling. Just about finished it!
(There was more potatoes/carrots that what's shown)

IMG_8458.jpg

Associate
Took it from a new recipie book :)

1) Cut 250gm boneless chicken breast into slices.

2) Marinade in 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp oil for an hour.

3) Then coat in dry cornflour and deep fry until crisp and golden brown. Make sure each piece is coated. Drain and keep aside after.

4) Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Add 2-3 dry red chillies, broken up and stir. After this, add 2 tsp garlic paste and stir.

5) And 2 tbsp of the white part of spring onions, finely chopped. While you're at it, cut the greens into 1" pieces and set it aside. (I used about 2 lengths of spring onions for this bit).

6) Along with the spring onion, add 2 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchip, 1 1/2 - 2 t tbsp soya sauce and 2 tsp honey. Saute for a few seconds.

7) Add in the chicken from earlier and stir-fry. Make sure it gets coated with the sauce properly. Add in the greens from the spring onions. Serve hot :D

Thanks for this recipe mate, I made it tonight. I swapped the dried chillies for fresh and the spring onion greens for green pepper. Also added a bit of Dave's Hot Sauce to the honey mixture.

Spot on, girlfriend loved it!

Soldato
Whoa! Might make that this Sunday I just love pepper corn sauce with steak.
Win win.

I love it as well. I didn't realise how simple and easy it is to make! Definitely going to have it everytime I have a steak now :)
I looked at some recipes but didn't have any the stated ingredients so made mine up, but still tasted amazing.

Soldato
Thank you good man!

Was tasty!

Used fresh chillies and got some spinach leaves in there too.

Made the below tonight (3rd person! Seems to be popular). I think that I overcooked the chicken a bit, but it was very nice. I put in asparagus as well, as I have heaps at the moment. Also used fresh chilli, and put far too many in! Rarely do my eyes water, but this dish did just that - I made my own garlic paste which didn't help either I suspect.
If I did it again (which I'm sure I will!) I'll put a bit more honey in, and don't cook the chicken for as long.

Thanks for the recipe Sudden!

Thanks for this recipe mate, I made it tonight. I swapped the dried chillies for fresh and the spring onion greens for green pepper. Also added a bit of Dave's Hot Sauce to the honey mixture.

Spot on, girlfriend loved it!

Glad you guys liked it :)

I'l make a point to put something up next time I cook from the book.

Soldato
Attempting this tonight :D

It's good, I'm actually making it again as we speak. Be careful not to fry the chicken for too long. It actually goes golden brown after it comes out of the pan - So don't keep cooking it expecting it to go golden brown. A couple of minutes is all that it really needs.

Caporegime
It's good, I'm actually making it again as we speak. Be careful not to fry the chicken for too long. It actually goes golden brown after it comes out of the pan - So don't keep cooking it expecting it to go golden brown. A couple of minutes is all that it really needs.

Cool :) - Was wondering this! - Will bare it in mind :D

Got the ingredients, heading home and let tonight's cooking fun begin!! :D

EDIT: OM NOM NOM

Oh btw, heres the finished product, I got a heck of a lot of weird looks taking nearly 2.5 grands worth of camera gear to it but there you go :p

chicken.jpg

Btw, didn't have any greens as Tescos were out, so I substituted it and put lots of chopped onion and tomato in instead, hence the black bits! Lovely flavour :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
what is it with all these semi focused shots of food, if you dont want people to see what the full picture looks like then crop it. :confused:

i would like to see what the full meal looks like, not 5% of it. :o

i cannot believe people actually think those types of pictures look good :confused:

Caporegime
It's called depth of field, maybe you could go educate youself :)

Look at any profesional food photos, they're not taken with phone cameras.

i know what it is and it can make some photo's look amazing, but really only a decent photographer will know how and when to use it ;). some of the best photo's i have seen were from a professional wedding photographer and they certainly knew when and how to use it properly.

seems to be nowadays everyone has an SLR and thinks they know what actually makes a good photo. personally i could have taken better on my phone (nokia n8, best camera phone).

anyway back on topic.

Soldato
Personally I've no issue with people using DSLR's and DOF photo's. For me it makes the food stand out and look really appealing and interesting.

It's almost like you can reach out and touch the food. :)

Back
Top Bottom