Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
^ :eek:

A* my friend, that looks sublime.

PS did Stevie Wonder do your brickbond tiling? :p Whoever laid those wants shooting!

Haha, cheers. It's funny actually as I put the top pic on facebook, and the amount of people going on about the tiling was hilarious! They were done before we bought, and tbh you can't notice it.

Last edited:
Soldato
That rib looks immense!

This is from last night.

x2_65fa542

it was from this recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/doversolefishfingers_91371
but they didnt have any dover sole so I used haddock instead.

I picked up a bowl full of the pea water, boiling, and dropped it which meant the peas had too much liquid but the taste was damn good!

Soldato
Made a quick banana loaf whilst dinner was cooking:

Made it up as I went along:
8oz self raising flour,
5oz butter,
6oz sugar,
2 eggs,
2 banana's mashed up,
tablespoon of honey,
chocolate chips.
Pretty much just threw it all together, mixed it up and threw it in the oven at 180 for 45 minutes.

imag0002ap.jpg

Shoulda dusted it with icing sugar to make it look fancy.

Man of Honour
imagevrj.jpg

1kilo stewing steak diced into 1/2-1cm cubes
3/4 of a bottle of hot chilli powder
1/2 bottle of lazy chilli
2tbsps cumin
1tbsps paprika
1tsp garlic
3 small onions
1 beef stock cube
2 boxes passata
2 cans red kidney beans in chili sauce
1tbsps ketchup
1tsp cocoa
1tbsps dried parsley
1tsps sugar
Plenty of Oil to fry the spices in and extract the flavour. Anything with spices in you can't make low fat. Well you can put you. Lose a lot of the spice flavour.

1) dice the onion. And fry till translucent, turn to highest heat and add. The steak and brown all over.
2) add plenty of oil and add the spices and cook out, then add the rest of the ingreients and a bit of water and simmer for at least two hours.

People always use far to little chilli, it should have a huge taste of the stuff and if you don't like it hot just use very mild chill is instead of hot ones.
Also should have only added one box of passata far to much sauce.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can I just ask which people think is the best photo hosting site? I'm a bit "meh" with photobucket at the moment, it's fiddly to resize things, I'll chuck up some food once I've found a better photo hosting website.

Soldato
I'm lazy so pics of last 3 meals :p Afraid my photography skills are nowhere near the level of most of the people on here.

Kadai Chicken - usually looks better. Missed out a couple of final garnishings because I didn't have them (Green peppers + Ginger).

DSC01180.jpg

Chole Puri (Chickpeas) - Not exactly my cooking, but was what I was eating :D Grandmother made it while I was in India and brought a whole bunch of it frozen back. The mango pickle on the left is also her doing. The Puri's (the big yellow things :p I made).

DSC01187.jpg

Spiced chicken
DSC01191.jpg

Same spiced chicken - leftovers. Looks a lot better the next day.
DSC01194.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I like imgur also. I find it better than Tinypic as you don't have to enter an anti-spam code every time, and better than Imageshack as you can pick the forum code straight up and don't have to alter it to get rid of 'uploaded with Imageshack' messages etc.. I also find it faster than Imageshack, even though Imageshack is better in recent times.

Back
Top Bottom