Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
thought it might as well go in here too:

chefs knife for size comparison:

giant_pudempty.jpg

giant_pud1.jpg

giant_pud3.jpg

Rare 28 day mature rump of roast beef, rudolph potato mash and fresh carrots with a proper home made beef gravy. NOM.

Permabanned
God damn looking at this thread at this time of night.

Least I have a few suggestions for dinner this week, some outstanding cooking and presentation in here! :cool:

Associate
That roast looks nice.

I remember a few years ago when everyone seemed to be having their roasts in giant yorkies. No idea why it died out!

Soldato
Right, I'll try and remember this off the top of my head...

Marinade
Meat to marinade - Mine was a nice big skirt of beef from the butchers.

5 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinager
2tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
1tbsp fine grated ginger (I keep it frozen so micro plane that badboy down and it's nice and fine)
1tbsp (or 3 cloves crushed) garlic
It then says some chilli paste, but I didn't have this, so I used some chillies that I minced, I used 2 thumb sized medium heat red chillies.
bunch of spring onions finely chopped and diced,
Bunch of coriander chopped finely.

Whack all that in a sealy bag with the beef and fridge for 3-4hours. Take out before you cook mind and allow to get to room temp, this is very important.

While this is marrinating, get your asparagus and slap in a bowl with some olive oil and some salt and a drizzle of lemon juice. Toss until all completely covered and put to one side.

The gomasio is basically just toasted sesame seeds and salt, crushed. So, take like half a pot of sesame seeds, or enough to lightly cover the base of a frying pan and put on a medium heat in the dry pan. Keep moving regularly until golden and start to pop. Don't over do them as they get bitter. Take them off the heat and leave for 10. After that crush them in a pestle and mortar, but not grinding to a fine powder, crushed.

The meat is ideal BBQ'd, for a kettle BBQ with a lid, but since it started to rain last night I actually used the George Foreman. I know... I left the lid up on this though, I didn't want it to push all the moisture from the beef and did it for about 6mins per side, or until medium rare, turning and basting with more of the marinade as it cooks.
Once the beef is done, take it off and rest it while you then cook the asparagus on the foreman in my case! Turning regularly until tender yet firm to the bite.

Cut the beef on the board with the grain, position and position the asparagus and then sprinkle over your gomasio (be liberal, it's awesome and compliments it really well) and some chopped coriander.

EAT.

Permabanned
thought it might as well go in here too:

chefs knife for size comparison:

Rare 28 day mature rump of roast beef, rudolph potato mash and fresh carrots with a proper home made beef gravy. NOM.

How do you make yorkshire pudding, and how do you shape it to be so big?

:o

Permabanned
Greek style chicken kebab in pitta with tzatziki and spicy wedges :D

How do you make spicy wedges? I'm tried home made chips with paprika, sea salt and some black pepper, but it dosen't taste as awesome as it looks.

Thanks

Soldato
How do you make yorkshire pudding, and how do you shape it to be so big?

:o

Ingredients - Enough for 3 or 4 people:
75g of plain flour
1 egg
75ml of milk mixed with 55ml of water
2 tablespoons of beef dripping (other oil can be used)
salt & pepper

Method:
Make your batter. Sift flour into a bowl (from a height) and then make a well in the middle. Break the egg into this well and then beat. Gradually incorporate the milk/water mix and salt & pepper.
When you want your pudding, add the dripping into a pan and put that in the oven at 220c. The secret to good yorkies is to get the pan very hot before adding the batter.
Pour the batter into the sizzling fat and cook for 25-30 minutes. Serve as soon as possible, as it loses it's crunch if it's sitting around.
You can make them as big or as small as you like, depending how big your tin is!
Just remember - the pan and the fat/oil have to be very hot before you add the batter!

Soldato
recipe for that honey chicken NOW

Took it from a new recipie book :)

1) Cut 250gm boneless chicken breast into slices.

2) Marinade in 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp oil for an hour.

3) Then coat in dry cornflour and deep fry until crisp and golden brown. Make sure each piece is coated. Drain and keep aside after.

4) Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Add 2-3 dry red chillies, broken up and stir. After this, add 2 tsp garlic paste and stir.

5) And 2 tbsp of the white part of spring onions, finely chopped. While you're at it, cut the greens into 1" pieces and set it aside. (I used about 2 lengths of spring onions for this bit).

6) Along with the spring onion, add 2 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchip, 1 1/2 - 2 t tbsp soya sauce and 2 tsp honey. Saute for a few seconds.

7) Add in the chicken from earlier and stir-fry. Make sure it gets coated with the sauce properly. Add in the greens from the spring onions. Serve hot :D

Associate
Took it from a new recipie book :)

1) Cut 250gm boneless chicken breast into slices.

2) Marinade in 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp oil for an hour.

3) Then coat in dry cornflour and deep fry until crisp and golden brown. Make sure each piece is coated. Drain and keep aside after.

4) Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Add 2-3 dry red chillies, broken up and stir. After this, add 2 tsp garlic paste and stir.

5) And 2 tbsp of the white part of spring onions, finely chopped. While you're at it, cut the greens into 1" pieces and set it aside. (I used about 2 lengths of spring onions for this bit).

6) Along with the spring onion, add 2 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchip, 1 1/2 - 2 t tbsp soya sauce and 2 tsp honey. Saute for a few seconds.

7) Add in the chicken from earlier and stir-fry. Make sure it gets coated with the sauce properly. Add in the greens from the spring onions. Serve hot :D

Thank you good man!

Was tasty!

Used fresh chillies and got some spinach leaves in there too.

sipceyhoneychicken.jpg

Back
Top Bottom