Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
I made this the other week. I was on a TV show, which involved cooking, this was the night before 'the big day' and a practice of the dessert. It was supposed to be like a creme caramel type thing. It tasted alright.

226483_10150187263051919_512191918_6951072_799693_n.jpg

This is a chicken and chorizo paella. Crap photo though, tasted alright. A bit stodgy though as I used risotto rice. It was much better when I used paella rice.

223395_10150187261806919_512191918_6951059_7934061_n.jpg

Soldato
Me and my other half like Dinner Date so I told her that someone from the internetz is going to be on it. We shall be watching!

Caporegime
what is it with all these semi focused shots of food, if you dont want people to see what the full picture looks like then crop it. :confused:

i would like to see what the full meal looks like, not 5% of it. :o

i cannot believe people actually think those types of pictures look good :confused:

i know what it is and it can make some photo's look amazing, but really only a decent photographer will know how and when to use it ;). some of the best photo's i have seen were from a professional wedding photographer and they certainly knew when and how to use it properly.

seems to be nowadays everyone has an SLR and thinks they know what actually makes a good photo. personally i could have taken better on my phone (nokia n8, best camera phone).

anyway back on topic.

I was going to bite and tear you a new one ;) - then I read your last comment and burst at laughing AT you :D

Caporegime
Pan fried Gresham duck, soo easy to do, score the skin, red hot pan smoking with oil, 2 mins each side, in the oven for 8 mins @ 180
on stir fried vegtables with a lemon and honey sugar reduction
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/cupra-sport/duck.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The correct way all to get crispy skin on a duck breast, is to start with a cold pan, heat it up slowly and spoon away the fat into a ramekin as it renders. Hot tip there, try it; it works :p.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Took it from a new recipie book :)

1) Cut 250gm boneless chicken breast into slices.

2) Marinade in 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp oil for an hour.

3) Then coat in dry cornflour and deep fry until crisp and golden brown. Make sure each piece is coated. Drain and keep aside after.

4) Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Add 2-3 dry red chillies, broken up and stir. After this, add 2 tsp garlic paste and stir.

5) And 2 tbsp of the white part of spring onions, finely chopped. While you're at it, cut the greens into 1" pieces and set it aside. (I used about 2 lengths of spring onions for this bit).

6) Along with the spring onion, add 2 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchip, 1 1/2 - 2 t tbsp soya sauce and 2 tsp honey. Saute for a few seconds.

7) Add in the chicken from earlier and stir-fry. Make sure it gets coated with the sauce properly. Add in the greens from the spring onions. Serve hot :D

Made this last night, except I shallow fried it. Very nice, super crispy chicken and the sauce was a revelation! Ketchup really is very verstile.

Thanks for the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom