Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
Utterly rubbish presentation:

DSCN0689.jpg

Made some potato wedges from scratch, first time. I made them spicey and they are just awesome! :D :cool:

Soldato
My tea tonight:

DSC00647.jpg

Smoked salmon with watercress (underneath) and normal cress (on top), red-skinned potatoes with dill, cabbage salad and wholemeal bread, served with a dollop of horseradish. Yum!

Cabbage salad is: white cabbage, shredded using mandolin, white onion, shredded, some red chilli, parsley, basil, lemon juice, salt, olive oil.

All from Jamie's 30 minute meals (but a bit mixed up - don't go together in the book!)

That cabbage salad we've had loads of times now and we LOVE it!

Soldato
Took it from a new recipie book :)

1) Cut 250gm boneless chicken breast into slices.

2) Marinade in 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp oil for an hour.

3) Then coat in dry cornflour and deep fry until crisp and golden brown. Make sure each piece is coated. Drain and keep aside after.

4) Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Add 2-3 dry red chillies, broken up and stir. After this, add 2 tsp garlic paste and stir.

5) And 2 tbsp of the white part of spring onions, finely chopped. While you're at it, cut the greens into 1" pieces and set it aside. (I used about 2 lengths of spring onions for this bit).

6) Along with the spring onion, add 2 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchip, 1 1/2 - 2 t tbsp soya sauce and 2 tsp honey. Saute for a few seconds.

7) Add in the chicken from earlier and stir-fry. Make sure it gets coated with the sauce properly. Add in the greens from the spring onions. Serve hot :D

Must be about the 10th person to cook this now. Excellent! Really enjoyed it, used fresh chilli and made my own garlic paste. Will be using this for when friends come around next week.

What are you guys serving it with? I just had it with some chinese noodles last night but felt the dish needed something extra.

Man of Honour
http://i.pgu.me/uZMEbTth_original.jpg

Gammon steak, Potato Dauphinoise and Asparagus roasted in garlic and lemon. Delicious! I wanted a nice sirloin but the powers that be made the decision to have Gammon!

Yum!

pic FAR too big.

Did it on my phone, no idea how to make it smaller, oh well a link will do.

Yummy indeed looks lovely.
Use image shake and pic size for 15" monitor.
resize please

Soldato
2011-06-23175730.jpg

2011-06-23180219.jpg

2011-06-23180802.jpg

mmmmmm nom nom. First time i've ever cooked Venison, will certainly not be the last!

EDIT forgot to say what it was:

Venison steaks in cranberry and port butter, with part roasted skin on new potatoes and fresh baby sweetcorn

Last edited:
Soldato
^^ Looks brilliant, I don't think chips is a problem ;)

I just went out for an amazing meal, just got back, I had crispy-skinned cod fillet, with a crab and chilli fishcake, pak choi and samphire, avocado mayonnaise, and some fat chips as a side order :D . Fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom