Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Associate
It's really really easy to make - it's essentially whipped cream and philadelphia with a shot of baileys!

Recipe link

I only had 400g of the 600g of Philadelphia in the recipe so I made up for it with another 100g cream... not the healthiest of cakes but damn it was nice! The biscuit base is really good.

Man of Honour
Honey and ginger glazed chicken, carrot and onion rice with satay sauce

imageotu.jpg

Soldato
pak choi seems like a little bit of an odd side for that dish but thinking about it, it would totally work, was it just wilted and crunchy? Did they toss it in chilli or garlic or anything?

Yeah it was tossed in chilli and garlic. Was still crunchy. Was divine - not that keen on pak choi usually, it always tastes a bit... green for my liking, if you get what I mean. Iron-y. But it was really good.

Man of Honour
Acidhell2 - instructions/recipe etc...

NOW :D

Rice
1 small onion diced
1 medium carrot
1/3rd cup of rice per person.
Double amount of water as rice.

Put the diced onion and carrot in a pan and sweat in some oil till lightly coloured, stir in the rice and add the water. Put a lid on and bring to the boil for about 5mins, turn heat off and allow to steam for about another 15mins.

Chicken
Chicken breast 1 per person
Honey
Ginger
Skewers

Thinly slice the chicken and thread onto the skewers, so that each bit of chicken is skewed two or three times.
Take a couple tablespoons of honey and heat in the microwave for about 10seconds. Until warm and runny. Then grate some ginger in or if using lazy ginger add the ginger and some liquid. Mix and brush over the chicken, place under the gill highest temp. Probably 4mins a side or until dark brown, baste with the honey at least once more.

Satay sauce
1/3rd of a cup of peanut butter
2 to 3 times as much water as peanut butter
1" cube creamed coconut
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice

Throw it all in a pan and bring to the boil, as soon as it boils it thickens up. All the quantities are to tasty and you can throw what ever you want init.

As you can see dead easy and th longest bit is the rice.
1 chilli finely diced or lazy chilli/chilli powder

Soldato
003-1.jpg

Jamie Oliver recipe for fajitas. He says 1 sliced red pepper, 1 sliced red onion, 2 sliced chicken breasts, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, pinch ground cumin, half the juice of 1 lime and a glug of olive oil, leave to marinade for 5 mins. I doubled up on the paprika, cumin and lime and whacked in one extra chicken breast.

Soldato
Jamie Oliver recipe for fajitas. He says 1 sliced red pepper, 1 sliced red onion, 2 sliced chicken breasts, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, pinch ground cumin, half the juice of 1 lime and a glug of olive oil, leave to marinade for 5 mins. I doubled up on the paprika, cumin and lime and whacked in one extra chicken breast.

Yum!

I'd love one of those style griddle pans, although i'm not sure I could be arsed to keep cleaning it up after :D

Soldato
Yum!

I'd love one of those style griddle pans, although i'm not sure I could be arsed to keep cleaning it up after :D

It's pretty sweet for cooking on. Lot's of space, but downside is if you load it out like that you tend to knock bits n bob's off. Great for steaks etc though and actually less hassle to clean than you'd think! Scouring sponge and some washing up liquid and all comes of easy peasy. You tend not to use sauces etc on it so less gets stuck to it and either way its non-stick!

Soldato
This is what I had on Saturday night. Nothing too special as was a frozen salmon fillet.

Jacket Potato rubbed in oil and sprinkled with salt (baked for 1hr45m), Salmon with chilli flakes and a squeeze of lemon (foil wrapped in oven for 23 mins), longstem broccoli (boiled but should have steamed) and Asparagus rubbed in butter and some oilve oil (foil wrapped in oven for 8 minutes)

Needed a sauce to go with it though...any ideas ?

279466_10150689812440554_534405553_19291241_3181882_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom