Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Breakfast I've just finished:

new012q.jpg

new013h.jpg

new014v.jpg

No decent bread :(

Sorry it's so dark, that room is naturally light but all my pics come out like that :/

Hollandaise, bechamel, or just a blob of creme fraiche (creeeem freeeesh :p) and some dill.

I had some Philadelphia but forgot about it. I've heard and had Hollandaise but what is Bechamel (goes off to google). Dill I shall remember for next time. I got another 5 of these fillets so will be trying some more out in the next few meals :) ta

edit: found a recipe for bechamel - http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bechamelsauce_70004

That's what I always try and my eggs go everywhere :mad:. I need to use fresher eggs maybe.

Mine are the usual free range supermarket eggs :)

Try a little more vinegar next time and don't have too much water, mind the question but how old are your pans? I found that in the old pan I had lots of waste from each egg, but in my shiny new pans I have clean water once I've finished poaching.

I've just been downstairs and snapped it, this is the pan I used with the water I cooked the eggs in still:

pan001.jpg

Remember to clean it using cold water after you've poached eggs (or with any other protein). I rinse them and wipe them down with cold water, but still chuck them in the dishwasher afterwards

Good poached eggs. You've got too high an egg:bread ratio though!

Yeah, we normally have nicer bread than that. I didn't have enough toast because I'm not a big fan of plain white pre-sliced.

Try a little more vinegar next time and don't have too much water

Hmmm I tend to use a large amount of water as that's what I've seen chefs doing on TV, maybe that's my issue.

mind the question but how old are your pans? I found that in the old pan I had lots of waste from each egg, but in my shiny new pans I have clean water once I've finished poaching.

Pretty new, shiny silver Stellar ones.

Remember to clean it using cold water after you've poached eggs (or with any other protein). I rinse them and wipe them down with cold water, but still chuck them in the dishwasher afterwards

Is that because hot water sets the protein?

Anyway thanks, I'll experiment tomorrow morning :).

Hmmm I tend to use a large amount of water as that's what I've seen chefs doing on TV, maybe that's my issue.

It's difficult to see the amount of water I've used as it is a high sided pan but I use enough so that the egg fits in with maybe an inch of water above it.

Is that because hot water sets the protein?

Being honest... I've no idea :o it's true of clothing and stuff too though. Pee, grass, blood, etc. stains won't come out if you wash with hot water.

Take the pan of the boil, don't stir and unless you can crack an egg fast, then crack it into a dish first. That's how I do it.

This is a good point actually, I don't crack straight into the pan I use a ramekin. I'm no good at cracking eggs so I have to take my time so as to not have loads of shell in my food :D

Perhaps we've stumbled on most peoples problems, they can't crack eggs fast enough and as such the egg is elongated and spread out to much and thus fails.

A few meals i've had recently.

Mp4zM.jpg

There are peas and carrots under the puds :)

P06Qo.jpg

Chicken Tikka Masala made with the Sharwoods Spicy Tikka Sauce. Tastes awesome for ready made stuff and it's quite hot by my standards!

1i7bT.jpg

The world famous Middlesbrough Chicken Parmo..... Nom nom!

For egg poaching without the mess, I poach mine in cling film now. Get a 4"X4" piece of cling film, oil one side of it, place it oil side up into a ramekin with a little indentation in it. Crack your egg int the dip in the cling film, gather up the sides, squeeze out any air and drop it into your boiling water. It takes about a minute extra due to the insulation of the plastic.

Snip the cling film below the knot, peel off cling film and enjoy a deliciously symmetrical poached egg.

For egg poaching without the mess, I poach mine in cling film now. Get a 4"X4" piece of cling film, oil one side of it, place it oil side up into a ramekin with a little indentation in it. Crack your egg int the dip in the cling film, gather up the sides, squeeze out any air and drop it into your boiling water. It takes about a minute extra due to the insulation of the plastic.

Snip the cling film below the knot, peel off cling film and enjoy a deliciously symmetrical poached egg.

Can you do a video or picture guide for this, very interested.

Back
Top Bottom