Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
Maybe for some but not me, I always crack eggs into a ramekin as I'm an egg-cracking spastic.

Precisely what I do.

Lets you pour the egg in in one swift movement.

I boil water, couple of glugs of white wine vinegar, reduce to simmer, crack eggs into ramekin's (take them out of the fridge, always works best for me for some reason), turn heat up a little, pop toast down, then in swift movement pour eggs into the pan, no swirling and by the time the toast is done the eggs should be too.

Associate
imagedql.jpg

On the BBQ at the moment

Last edited:
Soldato
6 x Boneless chicken thighs
1 x Green pepper
1 x Onion
3 x Garlic cloves
400g of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp paprika
3 x shakes of chilli flakes
pinch of salt & pepper
pinch of thyme (jar)
65g wholegrain rice
4 x Roasted cherry tomatoes drizzled in olive oil

Theres another 2 thigh & rice size meal ready for tomorrow or Monday and another 2 thighs in the sauce to be frozen and pulled out another day.
IMG_0016.jpg

Soldato
Earlier tonight's dinner:

dinner.jpg

Made with Sainburys pizza base and added fillings:

Tomato puree
Mozzarella cheese
Green peppers
Red peppers
Onions
Pepperoni
Chicken
Mattesons smoked pork sausage

2 X 14" of lovely nomness (that's a word, right?) One deep pan and one thin and crispy :)

Soldato
2nd attempt of the chicken galantine went a lot better :D Again just sage and onion. I was going to make chestnut and cranberry stuffing but didn't have time and Tesco had no chestnuts :(

IMG_8812.jpg

This pizza was NOM!

IMG_8909.jpg

These two were ok.

IMG_8910.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

Soldato
Pretty much any standard pizza dough recipe

500g plain/strong white flour
~300ml water
7g (1 sachet) yeast
Salt and pepper

Basically mix together and knead, let it rise in an oiled bowl for 60 minutes, knead again.

Split into 3 chucks, roll out thin (rises again + rises while cooking). I let it rise for about 30 minutes again, (next bit is optional but I think it helps) then grill the top until just turning colour, flip it and do the same, put the ingredients on, then oven at 220c until done (about 15 minutes).

Remember with any meat/seafood, it must be already cooked when going on the dough.

Man of Honour
Hard to tell, but eggs look a bit overdone. No runny yolk?

Do you toast your bread before frying?

eggs are over done, there was a tiny run, but most of it was like gelatine and as you can see I broke one egg yolk whilst cracking the egg.

No toasting. Fry one side, flip it over and crack egg in. Fry for a little bit. Flip it again for a few seconds and onto the plate.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
eggs are over done, there was a tiny run, but most of it was like gelatine and as you can see I broke one egg yolk whilst cracking the egg.

No toasting. Fry one side, flip it over and crack egg in. Fry for a little bit. Flip it again for a few seconds and onto the plate.

Ahh, I'd never thought of flipping :) I lightly toast first, just to get bread going a bit.
My awesome egg curry.

[/QUOTE]

Grim :(

Gog

Gog

Associate
Caught only an hour or so earlier and baked on a disposable bbq with crushed salt and pepper, lemon slices, and some dill and parsley from the herb garden.

QFPrX.jpg

Added some baby potatoes and some lettuce from the garden lightly tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

qcjO6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom