Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
20110718-IMG_1541.JPG

Dinner the other night. Piri-Piri chicken recipe from Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals book, so many awesome recipes and combinations.

Soldato
Hadn't made soup for a while so popped into Aldi and picked up their special offer 69p vegetable deals:

Tomatoes
Peppers
Courgettes

Roast the peppers and courgettes then add to a vegetable stock with spring onions, tomatoes, some lentils and finely chopped chili - simmer for however long you fancy.

Tastes lovely but I'd add a little less chili next time.

Roasting:
photo0235bg.jpg

Eating:
photo0238hq.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
some lovely dishes in here, im on a strict diet so no chips to go with my classic steak.

got a new griddle pan so thought id try it out, very impressed witht he results and have to say one of the nicest steaks ive had for donkeys!

lovely rump steak with sweet potato and peas with sweet corn
IMG_20110721_213145.jpg

must buy some fancy plates!

Man of Honour
Good job, that makes me hungry.

Need more chocolate though. Can never have to much cream or chocolate.
And so much nicer homemade as you can atually make proper cream which tastes of something.

Soldato
That looks amazing, how do you get your spuds like that?

Pretty easy really, just parboil them for around 15 mins (until they're starting to soften, but not too much). Drain them, put a few tablespoons of olive oil in the saucepan (duck/goose fat is good if you have it), put the lid on and shake vigorously until they're all chuffed up (I used that word before Jamie Oliver! lol).

Then just roast 'em until golden! (I usually spoon over any residual potato mush left in the pan).

Enjoy! :D

Soldato
Roasted a whole chicken breast on top of a bed of veg and with homemade yorkshire puddings.

I know it's severly lacking roast potatoes and gravy but I was only cooking for myself so didn't bother. Also there was enough without, struggled to eat it all :eek:

4HYN0.jpg

VwdtY.jpg

Back
Top Bottom