Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

pizza003.jpg

Last nights pizza. Made 3 of these (1 for us each). Salami, pepperoni, chilli, mozzarella and cheddar with a chopped tomato, chilli and onion base covering and cooked on my pizza stone.

i love the curry sauce from chicken on the bone, but i prefer my chicken to be boneless.

it is the best tasting sauce you can get though imo, so once it's made i usually have a lot of the sauce and then take the chicken out and try and de-bone it so to speak, put it back in and then eat it.

i have had chefs make it boneless but it doesn't taste anywhere near the same, it has to be chicken on the bone then after its made de-bone it.

if you like chicken on the bone you should try unday de poorjee (scrambled eggs) and keema peas (mince and peas), they are also 2 of my favourite traditional curries. but tell the chef the day before that you want it made proper desi style, so he can have everything prepared the traditional way, otherwise if you turn up and ask for it they wont do it properly, they will just make it "british" version so to speak and use pre-made stuff

Yeah, when it's cooked with chicken on the bone it tastes immense, I love having dinner at my girlfriends house (them being Indian and moi being white the difference in curry is pretty big! :D), but it can be a hassle to eat unless you have big chunks of breast on the bone.

The mince and peas sound good, only tried something with peas once and that was shaak rotli, so good!

Was going to post a picture, but now I am too embarrassed.
I bought a porterhouse (around 8oz), and thought it was a good deal from the butchers. However when I got home I realised why he sold it at the price he did... it was missing the tenderloin part. :(

Still, it shall taste good!

Sorry for the slightly cack photo but it was so delicious I wasn't going to stop and faff about with my camera.

16oz ribeye steak (medium rare with garlic and rosemary) w/ potato gratin with porcini mushrooms, mascarpone and parmesan. For the first time in my cooking life, I had a complete foodgasm. I've never eaten a meal that delivered such a punch of flavour.

Hunters chicken with boiled potatoes and marrowfat peas:

016nu.jpg

Pan-fried chilli rainbow trout with toasted crushed almonds, boiled potatoes and a spinach, cheddar, chilli and spring onion (homemade chilli pastry, worked really well) tart:

041ox.jpg

Eton mess:

043fh.jpg

Loving the fish and tart Gilly. But just boiled potatoes? No sauce or butter?

Just those ingredients in tart or did you throw egg and stuff in?

Didn't use any egg, but coated the pastry in butter.

The fish was really lightly spiced, I fried some birds eye chillies off in the oil before frying the fish in it. Really nice.

The potatoes had butter and some rosemary on.

I can haz chef of the year award???? ......

Recipe:

1 small frying fan
2 eggs (free range!)
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Fry the eggs!
1 big plate
1 large bun
- A knife! (to cut the bun)
A generous lathering of black pepper on both sides of the bun
1 Tablespoon Mayo lathered onto the bottom half of the bun
- Carefully place the fried eggs onto the bun
- Close the bun!
- EAT!

Only Yolking! This about as far as my cullinary skills go :(

Moroccan chicken pizza
That looks quite tasty and it's a very decent effort at the photo/presentation too.

I assume those pizzas are using naan breads as the base? And are you using shop-bought chicken slices and a ready-made sauce on the top, or did you flavour the chicken yourself and make the tomato sauce from scratch?

Ah sorry should have put more details in there :p

Shop bought naan - homemade tomato sauce (chopped tomato, onion, curry powder, sprinkle of sugar - heated until reduced to thick paste); chicken breast is smacked a bit flatter with rolling pin, rolled in moroccan spice mix (left for a few hours) then cooked in foil - sliced thinly. Guess you could use those bought chicken slices. Arranged usual pizza way then covered with mozzarella and baked for 10-15 mins until cheese bubbles. Sprinkle with flat leaf parsley (important not curly as this has different flavour). Serve with tzatziki (again quite like ready made or just some yogurt, lemon juice, mint and cucumber)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom