Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

A couple of dishes I've made recently:

DSC00294.jpg

Homemade lamb meatballs with meatball spice I brought back from Turkey (no idea what's in it but it tastes gurd!), served with blackened pittas, salad and couscous, and (not shown) a yoghurt and cucumber dip for some moisture.

DSC_0007.jpg

Chicken stuffed with Roulé cheese, wrapped in pancetta and baked in the oven with some cherry tomatoes OTV, peppers, red onions, olives and asparagus. Served with new potatoes with pancetta, peas and mint. Absolutely divine! (From Jamie's 30 minute meals).

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

And today's meal... Farm shop rib of beef, cooked with some shallots round it, with home-made Yorkshires (didn't come out the best but meh), peas, carrots, savoy cabbage, roast potatoes, gravy (the shallots made the gravy taste great) and horseradish.

Vic the meatballs and chicken dishes look a bit yummy.

My chicken dish is actually a mixture of a recipe from Jamie's 30MM, and one from Good Food magazine.

My version (to serve 4):

4 chicken breasts (it says skin-on, but I use skinless)
pack of cherry toms OTV
1/2 a pack of Roulé cheese
handful of black olives
2 red peppers, deseeded and cut up into chunks
1 red onion, cut into fairly large chunks
pack of asparagus (I've started buying the thicker spears, because as you can see from the pic they do tend to shrivel away to nothing)
streaky bacon/pancetta

Basically, cut a slit in the chicken, stuff the roulé inside, then wrap the bacon/pancetta round it.

Throw everything into a tray, drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper, then put in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.

For the potatoes:

500g baby new potatoes
200g frozen peas
however much pancetta you have left
juice of 1/2 a lemon
handful of basil
handful of mint

Cook the potatoes for about 8 minutes, throwing the peas in for the last couple of minutes.

Fry the pancetta till crispy, then take off the heat, add the lemon juice, potatoes, peas, herbs and s+p, stir them together.

Serve - yum!

Last edited:
Simple roast beef (looks dry in the pic but I can assure you it wasn't!) and yes, sprouts! Felt somehow fitting, considering the Christmas cake was baked yesterday :D

roastn.jpg

Last edited:
Vic your chicken dish looks wonderful. The presentation is simple but that's no criticism, the food looks delicious and the mix of colours, especially the vibrant red of the tomatoes, is fantastic.

Vic your chicken dish looks wonderful. The presentation is simple but that's no criticism, the food looks delicious and the mix of colours, especially the vibrant red of the tomatoes, is fantastic.

It is certainly very vibrant. It's not presented particularly well as it was just Tuesday night dinner. It tastes fantastic though.

Vic, that chicken does indeed look damn tasty!!!

OCdude, that shortbread looks nothing short of amazing!!!

Will post some pictures myself next time I cook something tasty.

That Millionaire's Shortbread looks like something you'd buy from M&S food! Good effort!

The bits you can see in the background are the bits that don't look quite so pretty! (Basically I got impatient while I was slicing it with a hot knife, so most of the chocolate topping ended up cracking or squishing the caramel out!)

it was the day before shopping day, hardly anything in, so I searched the cupboards and found 3 sausages, half a pepper, half an onion, a few baby tomatoes and a bit of garlic and some tagliatelle.

I put the sausages in the oven for 20 mins then finished them off in the frying pan with everything else.. would have been loads better with chorizo but it was alright!

IMG_20111108_195741-1.jpg

zero points for presentation i know:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom