Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Here is what me and the gf made for tea.

First off for a dessert it was meant to be a chocolate brownies, but I haven't got a rectangular cake tin so it had to go into a circular one so it ended up looking like a sort of cake. Milk and white chocolate chunks and also finely chopped mixed nuts inside.

scaled.php

scaled.php

And here it is with some ice cream. Yum! It's actually seriously nice!

scaled.php

And for the main course it was these.

scaled.php

Filo pastry parcels or packets, what ever you fancy calling them. A long with some side salad, of lettuce, cucumbers, spring onions, feta cheese and tomatoes (for the gf).

These were mine, filled with fried prawns, mushrooms and onions, also with feta cheese inside.

scaled.php

scaled.php

These are the gfs, the same as mine but she's a veggie so no prawns inside there was some basil.

scaled.php

scaled.php

First time playing with filo pastry and it was a bit tricky, especially since I couldn't find the brush to brush oil on to stick the sheets together. Will know for next time, but still they were amazingly nice! Defiantly making them again!

Sirloin Steak on a bed of pea puree with a mushroom sauce and cherry tomatoes. Need to work on the photos and presentation, too desperate to tuck in.

452681167.jpg

452682549.jpg

Last edited:
Salmon fillet with a parsley cream sauce, some veg and sweet potato:

salmonw.jpg

Haddock poached in a tomatoey sauce with sauteed onions and petit pois:

haddock.jpg

Apple and raspberry crumble:

crumble.jpg

A hearty beef stew with tiger bread to dip! :D:

stewn.jpg

Typical daily foods at la casa de BBxFF

First time playing with filo pastry and it was a bit tricky, especially since I couldn't find the brush to brush oil on to stick the sheets together. Will know for next time, but still they were amazingly nice! Defiantly making them again!

Rather than use Oil use melted butter you will find the Filo will stick better be more crisp.

Slow cooked brisket
1322504606461.jpg

Juices in the roasting tray, make some good gravy from that.
1322504655503.jpg

Puréed celeriac, roast squash, parsnip and onions.
1322504715095.jpg

A big OOOOhh from the other OH here

She might be hinting for you to make it ;)

NP - looks good :D

My preference, I'd change the ratio slightly. I found that the caramel layer is too much/sweet.

As there's a 'set' amount of caramel as you're using the condensed milk from the can, I'd use a bigger baking tin, probably about 50-75% bigger than the said 20cmx20cm tin, same amount of caramel but double both the chocolate topping and shortbread base.

With mumsie gone on holiday, the kitchen nublet otherwise known as Bhavv had to feed himself :(

I found:

- A case of tinned chick peas that mumsie bought me before leaving (my favorite stuff that the old woman cooks)

- Tinned sweetcorn in water (no sodium)

- A basket full of onions

- A fridge full of lemons

- A cupboard full of Napolina tomato and chilli sauce (these are actually my brothers, but Im sure they dont mind me eating for survival while they left me alone :()

- Ready grounded chilli, ginger and garlic in the freezer.

So I took two tins of chick peas, and the rest of this stuffs:

dsc00263lp.jpg

(Half the lemons juice, plus the same amount of orange juice, plus the water from the sweetcorn tin - Chick peas drained and washed).

Then I stuck them all in a big pot:

dsc00265uv.jpg

dsc00266th.jpg

And ended up with this:

dsc00267wh.jpg

They tasted like the best thing ever that I will ever cook, ultra nommy!

..... Except that the pasta sauce was a lie - Tomato and Chilli it says, plus 2 tspns of crushed frozen chilli, and it was epic mild :(

I need more powerful chillis / peppers.

Back
Top Bottom