Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Just made a family size pork pie to take back to my parents at Christmas.
Did it in a 2lb loaf tin, as it's a good shape to cut into slices.

Only crappy phone pictures I'm afraid.

The filling. Made from chopped pork shoulder with nutmeg, sage, salt, pepper and grated apple.
porkpie1.jpg

All covered up and egg washed.
porkpie2.jpg

It's just gone in the oven now, will get another picture once it's cooked.
At that point I'll add the jelly through the hole in the centre and leave to cool. Once cooled it will go in the freezer until I head back to my parents just before Christmas.
The cooked pie keeps very well in the freezer - I've made several small pork pies before and frozen the ones I don't want immediately.

377126_10150957684115531_722365530_21727968_751947451_n.jpg

385199_10150958290150531_722365530_21730400_879268435_n.jpg

my shoulder of lamb stuffed with a full garlic, thyme, rosemary and half tomatoes, half onions, copped leak, celery and carrots and a full bottle of red wine :D

Just made a family size pork pie to take back to my parents at Christmas.
That looks absolutely stunning. Are you using hot water crust or something else?

And would there be any chance of seeing a shot when it's been baked and you're about to pour the jelly in? And perhaps a shot of the first slice?

That looks absolutely stunning. Are you using hot water crust or something else?

And would there be any chance of seeing a shot when it's been baked and you're about to pour the jelly in? And perhaps a shot of the first slice?

Yeah, it's a hot water crust pastry made with a mixture of lard and butter.
Unfortunately it's now all cooked and in the freezer and I never got round to taking a picture after it was cooked.
To be honest it didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I've previously done chicken and ham pies, with a mixture of diced chicken thigh and chopped gammon in them. The pork had a lot more liquid come out and the pastry that was in the tin ended up a little soft.

Will try and remember to get some proper pictures next time I make a chicken and ham one again though.

Cooked dinner last night, tasted great but still struggling with presentation

Starter, Sea Bass ( wanted Red Mullet but couldnt get any ) on a tomato and herb salad with crispy breadcrumbs (in lemon,thyme and chilli)

startur.jpg

Main was herb crusted rack of lamb with Gratin Dauphinois and asparagus

maini.jpg

Dessert, chocolate (and brandy) pots with orange and polenta biscuits

pudv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom