Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It's delicious.

Looking forward to trying more of the recipes from the series - particularly the Crayfish Macaroni dish - looks divine :cool:

To be honest, looking at the app, there isn't a recipe on there that doesn't look delicious. Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while trying them all out :D

PS: Ordered myself an Imperia pasta machine so, hopefully, my next attempt at pasta should be a bit better.

Soldato
Blueberry muffins made at about 1am after a few pints :p

003-8.jpg

Associate
Some Lamb Shank dish I modified for a half leg.

SAM_0518.jpg

SAM_0520.jpg

The lamb was slightly dry but the combination of the chilli powders, coriander and cinnamon was lovely. I'll stick to the shanks next time as previously they were superb.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Slow cooked pork shoulder with Colcannon; cider and mustard gravy and broccoli.

fXf7f.jpg

Delicious for the most part. Pork fell apart when I cut into it. First time I've ever eaten Colcannon, never mind make it - it was fabulous. The cider and mustard gravy was a little on the tart side. Next time I'll use a sweeter cider or maybe bung in a little clear honey (I'll probably use less onions and chop them finer too).

Most enjoyable :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Is Colcannon as nice as it looks? I've seen it cooked a few times on TV, but I've never actually got around to eating it.. to my understanding it's leeks and curly kale with mash basically?

Sometimes it's leeks but most recipes I've seen use spring onions (or scallions as they're known in Ireland). I couldn't find any curly kale so I just used green cabbage instead. Very tasty indeed. I'll be making it regularly.

V F

V F

Soldato
This made me chuckle. I couldn't get over how wrong I was when I saw the leading title of this section and thought, don't tell me people are posting photos of their satellite dishes. Just the way it happened when I skimmed over.

Soldato
Haven't posted in this thread for ages!

I made a bit of a chinese buffet the other night, courtesy of Gok Wan's cookbook. I have to say it really is rather good, his show was great too.

Soy Glazed Chicken
gok1.jpg

With a spicy cucumber and spring onion salad, and wok (er, pan) fried green beans and water chestnuts. And some boiled rice :)
gok2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom