Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Man of Honour
Now this is a rib, a tasty one at that.

Ale & horseradish short rib, with swede mash and broccoli

photomar09193826.jpg

Man of Honour
More to it.

Sear the ribs in dripping (3, 1.8kilos) and remove from pan.
Dice two onions, 2 carrots, 2 sticks of celery and fry untill translucent.
Add 1/2 cup pasata, return ribs. Add 2 teaspoons thyme, 2 bay leafs 4 cloves crushed garlic, 500ml beef stock, pint of ale. 4tables spoons to 1 cup of grated horseraddish (heat kills the kick, so depends what flavour you want), cover with greese proof paper and lid. Gently gently Simmer on lost setting for 3-4hours.
Remove ribs. Sieve out the solids, spoon off the fat. Reduce by at least half. I like putting the ribs in a very hot oven just to crisp the outside up.
If you reduce sauce enough it goes more like a glaze.

I think that's all I used.

Soldato
I had a BBQ yesterday and was so busy I forgot to take pics - then realised I had enough leftovers to put together what I made and take a pic :p

2e3mwas.jpg

Big BBQ yesterday for 12 people, cooked up the following:

2 x full racks of St Louis ribs
2 x full racks of babyback ribs
2 x 3lb tri-tips

Ribs were rubbed, smoked for a couple hours, thrown in the oven wrapped in foil for a couple hours with a splash of apple juice, a slathering of BBQ sauce and then back on the grill for 30 minutes. Epic. Tri-tip was done in the normal way, marinade of garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and oregano, cooked on high briefly then medium indirect for 30 mins or so.

3143v4m.jpg

Rib tips were done after being smoked for a couple of hours so were served as a starter with BBQ sauce dips :D

whjvow.jpg

Sides were grilled potatoes basted in a mix of chives, green onions, lemon juice and melted butter, asparagus tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper and grilled and of course BBQ beans.

Also made chimmichurri to go with the tri-tip which was excellent.

Was excellent fun although slept like a log that night - a lot of prep and cooking!

Slicin' tri-tip with the asparagus on the grill!

1449zk6.jpg

Soldato
Decided I wanted steak yesterday, thought I’d try something different and nip to one of the local farm shops rather than going to the supermarket. Got a little carried away with size and ended up with a 20oz Rib Eye. The wife had sirloin (size below for comparison)

Cv3YCMt.jpg

I was really impressed though, certainly with the aging of the sirloin. Sadly compared to the ribeye it just lacked a little flavour and tenderness, which led to a slightly sad wife.

NeqosVv.jpg

Mine ended up a little overdone for my liking, but due to the thickness I was a little concerned. It was also the first time I used a digital thermometer and whilst it worked brilliantly for my wifes sirloin I maybe didn’t measure mine quite as well due to the thickness. Had intended on taking a picture earlier but I only remembered at the end!

Soldato
and the lean eating begins:

IMG-20130327-WA0008_zpse15a3a09.jpg

Griddled smoked salmon cooked in fresh birds eye chillis on a bed of peppery watercress, spinach and rocket with a side salad of vine ripened tomatoes, cucumber, al dante asparagus baby sweetcorn mange tout and spring onion, complimented by organic new potatoes

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Pan fried balsamic & honey glazed duck with roast garlic crushed potatoes, Chantenay carrots and dwarf beans.

SJ0js18.jpg

Duck was slightly overdone and the beans were a tad underdone. Tasted delicious though :)

Forgive the poncy presentation but I felt like a change - it's good to spoil yourself now and then :)

Soldato
Sirloin (264g), mash & green veg. Sirloin was cooked for 2 minutes 30 seconds, flipped every 15 seconds (I don't care, I think it works!).

dinner1.jpg

Possibly a bit over done for me, and it obviously looks a bit more red in the flesh (hoho) but I have no idea how to take a picture.

steakcut.jpg

Associate
Does happy bacon count?

2012-11-19115847_zps31d030a3.jpg

Look at them little smiley faces! :p

Um... but no on a better note, I bake a lot I just rarely take photos xD

So this is some lebkuchen that I made V|per.

DSC00186_zps851a520d.jpg

DSC00187_zps47e92d90.jpg

Back
Top Bottom