Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Associate
img1924large.jpg

First attempt at portugese egg tarts tonight!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Made myself a Thai green curry earlier - with a couple of differences. First difference: For some reason the plump, juicy Jalapenos I bought from Morrisons appear to have disappeared so I had to substitute with some of my emergency frozen Cayennes from last year's crop. Secondly, I normally put some sort of green veg in the curry; such as green beans or frozen peas or asparagus. However, when I was in Morrisons, they had a selection of exotic veg and Lotus Root caught my eye so I got some of that to put in it. Doesn't have a huge amount of flavour but, if it isn't cooked too long, it gives a nice crunch to the dish and does have a slight nutty flavour. I enjoyed it and would buy it again if it was available.

HduU0mO.jpg

Soldato

Forgot to take an after picture - difficult to cook as the steak on the right was pretty uneven! Had it with heart attack mashed potatoes, braised white cabbage and bacon, and garlic green beans.

Wine was corked though :(

Man of Honour
Looks amazing, calamari food of the Sea Gods.
I jsut don't eat it another.
America last year was good, eat it most days and their starter portions where massive.

Soldato
I caught my first trout of the year the other night, a nice 2.5lb blue.

Filleted and pin boned.

Then grilled with a little salt and pepper, lemon rind, spring onion and lemon juice.

New potatos are in a 50/50 mix of natural yoghurt and mayonnaise with capers, finely diced pickled cucumber and spring onion.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I caught my first trout of the year the other night, a nice 2.5lb blue.

My mouth is watering.

My dad was a keen angler while he was still able. Him and my uncle used to go trout fishing every Saturday during the season. He would quite often drop a trout or two off to me on the way home. Used to love having grilled trout on a Sunday morning for breakfast. Just did it filleted and grilled, like you, bit of salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon; served with brown bread and butter. Perfect way to start the day.

Soldato
Man that's a tasty looking burger.

Last night I was bored, so I made a cake. Now, I never make cakes, as, well, I live with the Mrs who makes the best cakes. Why would I?! She wasn't in though, so I made an apple and cider cake, with an apple and cider glaze. Since I pretty much made it up, I was massively impressed. My god it's nice.

5cfc8996d12611e2ab6822000a1fbc38_7.jpg

98a22874d12c11e28ce622000a9f13a7_7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom