Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Associate
9ab235ce_2ef8_4ca3_8cb7_91065e9b229a.jpg

Sweet Potato Paleo-ish Cottage pie.

Cooked this beast up t'other night in my recently acquired cast iron skillet, bloody gorgeous it was.

1. Browned the onions and mince
  2. Added Garlic and chilli after about 10 mins
  3. Boiled and mashed the sweetpotato and slapped in a bit of butter and a tiny bit of cinnamon
  4. threw in some carrots and some peas (SMITE ME DOWN PALEO GODS)
  5. whipped the mash around the top of my skillet and slapped it in the oven for a good 30 mins.
  6. served with a few handfuls of broccoli and cauliflower

Don't know what everyone's opinion on Paleo here is but I sodding love it.

Last edited:
Associate
They look great :)

What's the recipe?

Well they were in my cook book but it just said "Lebkuchen mixture" which no one sold anywhere so I attacked some friends and they gave me this recipe:

100g (4 oz) honey
100g (4 oz) treacle
175g (6 oz) dark brown soft sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
350g (12 oz) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 oz diced candied citron
30g (1 oz) chopped hazelnuts

1. In a medium saucepan, stir together the honey and treacle. Bring the mixture to a boil, remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar, egg, lemon juice and lemon zest. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg. Add the treacle mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the citron and hazelnuts. Cover dough and chill overnight.

2. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease baking trays. Using a small amount of dough at a time, roll out on a lightly floured surface to .5cm (1/4 in) thickness. Cut into small rectangles and place them 2cm (3/4 in) apart on the prepared baking tray.

3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until no imprint remains when touched lightly. Brush the icing over the biscuits while they are still hot and quickly remove them to wire cooling racks. Store in airtight container for a few days to mellow.

I of course didn't make them in to rectangles, then it is just coat those beauties in awesome amounts of chocolate :D dust them in coca powder or decorate them any way you want ^^

Last edited:
Soldato
The meal looks awesome to me. Large amount of protein to carb content..lots of different flavours. I'm sure anyone would be stuffed by the end of it.

Now I'm not a big lad by any stretch of the imagination, 76kg weight yesterday. I can safely say that I wouldn't be full up on that meal. Not to say that it wouldn't be delicious though.

Associate
Chicken on couscous/quinoa with some sort of green slime on the top...?

Although it does look quite tasty to be honest!

Pretty much correct. Cajun chicken on quinoa with avocado yoghurt dressing. Looking at it now it does look a bit slime like lol. It also ended up being slightly thicker than expected, so I probably should have added a touch of water to it or something. :p

Back
Top Bottom