*** Show us your Dogs ***

Caporegime
Sad day today, Ramos, my faithful Giant Schnauzer died in the night. He'd been ill with a bad ticker since before Christmas on umpteen pills a day. the vet said he could go at any minute and in the early hours of this morning he died peacefully in his sleep, next to his best pal and son, Fritz, the two were inseparable.

He came as a rescue, imported from Russia when his owner got divorced and couldn't keep him when he came to the UK and had to rent for a while. Nonetheless he did very well at Crufts and was a fearless guard, NOTHING fazed him and I would have trusted him to give his life for my wife or I. He was nearly eleven, so not a bad age, and the pleasure he gave and the fun we had won't easily be forgotten.

RIP Ramos.

gs-and-emus.jpg

grave2-small.jpg

Dunno if soil is getting harder and heavier the older I get or what, I seem to recall a four and a half foot deep grave for a big dog took took a lot less time, sweat and puffing not too long ago.... ;) He's next to one of his old pals and right by the emus who he always got on well with.

So sorry about your loss. Sounds like he had a lovely home though and did all you could. Dogs, (and animals in general) really nestle in to your heart! Rip.

Permabanned
New addition to the pack, a 12 week old male Rhodesian Ridgeback. Didn't expect to get another dog so soon after losing the old Giant Schnauzer, but this came up fairly locally, the breeder seemed decent and the pup was super confident and took my fancy immediately.

The others here have accepted him and so far are tolerating his increasing cheekiness, I suspect someone will be giving him a sharp lesson in manners shortly though :)

I've always fancied a Ridgeback, so we'll see if I have made a wise or rash move ;)

r-r-pups.jpg

rico2.jpg

He'll already sit reliably on command and recall is not too bad... Eat's like a horse, seems to have hollow legs!

New addition to the pack, a 12 week old male Rhodesian Ridgeback. Didn't expect to get another dog so soon after losing the old Giant Schnauzer, but this came up fairly locally, the breeder seemed decent and the pup was super confident and took my fancy immediately.

The others here have accepted him and so far are tolerating his increasing cheekiness, I suspect someone will be giving him a sharp lesson in manners shortly though :)

I've always fancied a Ridgeback, so we'll see if I have made a wise or rash move ;)

r-r-pups.jpg

rico2.jpg

He'll already sit reliably on command and recall is not too bad... Eat's like a horse, seems to have hollow legs!
He's beautiful.

Soldato

r-r-pups.jpg

rico2.jpg

Congrats on the new Dingbat, good choice, soppy as from all the ones I have met.

Permabanned
Rico at 13 weeks has settled in well and my overweight old poodle Hattie has taken him under her wing. Hopefully the exercise will get some much needed flab off her!

Rico has so far lost ten tennis balls in the woods, and destroyed an expensive co-axial cable, as well as chewed a side marker light completely off my car trailer... The joys of puppyhood.

Rico and Hattie playing

Back
Top Bottom