Show us your drawings/artwork

Soldato
OP
royal_lady.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks dude. Yeah, kinda dropped that image, was good for sketching/working out that style of rendering but nothing more!

Some updates:

Random model
Untitled-3.jpg

My other half
poser2_2.jpg

Come on chaps :)

Soldato
OP
the-last-supper.gif

one I done a few years ago nothing special was just bored one night

:p

Niiice!

I know this thread has kinda fell on its rear end but here's a couple more and I have a question: I get random messages sent through tumblr or email asking mostly about photoshop, tutorials and brushes so I stuck a FAQ section on my site: http://ryanarts.co.uk/blog/?page_id=57 If there's any other questions you feel I could write about then please ask :)

samurai_horse2.jpg

first_mech.jpg

japanese_temple.jpg

Soldato
OP
Cheers fellas. After a lot of talks with the other half, I've decided to give up on my mundane, safe career options in management etc and focus on my one true passion, production art. Couple more years left at uni and hopefully plenty of time to get my portfolio up to scratch! That's the plan, anyway!

Lighting is my biggest downfall, mainly because I'm almost scared of adding colour/depth/detailing to my non-reference sketches. Really need to get a grip and really think about things!

A little something I have done on my dinner break. Think it was after playing a lot of RO2:

snip
Haha, just knocked it up during your lunch hour, eh? Awesome skills with the texture mapping!

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the encouragement chaps :) Nice smooth rendering Craig, like it :)

Tablet size is relative to screen size, imo. Huge screens with massive resolutions wont fair too well with small tablets. I use an A5 spec because it's widescreen like my laptop - My medium of choice when painting because I can essentially sit anywhere and relax.

Soldato
OP
I really like your work, Shifty :)
Thanks, man :)
I'd love to learn to draw but I just don't know were to start. Some very nice pieces of art in here.
Literally just a case of picking up a pencil/pad and start drawing whatever you fancy! I'm sure there will be a few beginner sketching exercises on Youtube or something if you search.
Some of the stuff in this thread is great! I'm going to be publishing some ebooks soonish and might need front covers..:D
Email in trust :p

Soldato
OP
Im sure technical people can offer constructive things but as a someone just looking at a picture for what it is she should be very proud of herself.
No technical imperfections that I can see, it's a cracking piece of work!
Im reading this thread with a stunned look on my face. Some awesome talent on show here - you guys could easily make money off those skills I would think!

That would be a dream!

Soldato
OP
Not really sure what to see in reply to that, your comment has left me speechless! Never once thought anyone would say that about my work, makes me feel like all the practice and effort is worthwhile :) Cheers dude!

Soldato
OP
I shall take great pleasure in receiving it :eek: :p

Would anyone be interested in a 'how to draw' thread? I've kinda went back to basics working on human figures with lines, perspective drawing, colour theory and so on so might be interesting to get other people onboard, share resources etc.

Back
Top Bottom