Show us your kitty cats

Associate
Just found this thread and it makes me want to get a cat a lot. Any recommendations for the most 'dog like'? I've always had a soft spot for a cat this gives affection.
I think it can completely vary and is not always necessarily linked to breed. That being said, we've got a long-haired Tortoiseshell with some (we think) Norwegian forest traits (She's a big cat, big crest of fur and big paws).

She is massively affectionate - constantly wants attention, or wants to give you attention. Admittedly, this can be a bit much at times (especially when she insists on sleeping between me and the wife, but I wouldn't change her for the world.

Apparently Maine Coons and Rag-dolls are supposed to be very affectionate, but this may not always be the case!

Associate
Get yourself down to your local rescue center and I think you will find a suitable candidate.

I think it can completely vary and is not always necessarily linked to breed. That being said, we've got a long-haired Tortoiseshell with some (we think) Norwegian forest traits (She's a big cat, big crest of fur and big paws).

She is massively affectionate - constantly wants attention, or wants to give you attention. Admittedly, this can be a bit much at times (especially when she insists on sleeping between me and the wife, but I wouldn't change her for the world.

Apparently Maine Coons and Rag-dolls are supposed to be very affectionate, but this may not always be the case!

Thanks for the advice :) I'll keep that in mind as I become more serious about this. I'm looking to wind down my long hours per week at work (70+ ) and wanted to have a rough idea of what to go for when that happens.

Associate
Thanks for the advice :) I'll keep that in mind as I become more serious about this. I'm looking to wind down my long hours per week at work (70+ ) and wanted to have a rough idea of what to go for when that happens.

No worries - Cats are also excellent stress-busters! If you are kicking out 70+ hours and have a had a particularly rubbish day at any point, the Cat will never fail to cheer you up when you get in!

Soldato
No worries - Cats are also excellent stress-busters! If you are kicking out 70+ hours and have a had a particularly rubbish day at any point, the Cat will never fail to cheer you up when you get in!

Totally agree but on the other hand they can be so frustrating if like me you have an extremely fussy cat when it comes to food.

Associate
Totally agree but on the other hand they can be so frustrating if like me you have an extremely fussy cat when it comes to food.

This is also true!

How fussy is yours then?

I find this part of her charm. If the food's been out for longer than a few hours and she hasn't eaten it, she isn't going to eat it. I tend to only put small amounts of wet food down now and keep her dry topped up.

Associate
My Girl

open

Soldato
Mine will not eat dry which does not bother me given it is not a particular natural foodstuff for cats. And then she flits between only one particular pouch, fresh cooked white fish and fresh cooked chicken, the latter two bought from Iceland. For her size Millie eats very little but as she is a moggie her breed mix is indeterminate but I feel she has either a Maine **** or Norwegian forest in her given her size.

Associate
Mine will not eat dry which does not bother me given it is not a particular natural foodstuff for cats. And then she flits between only one particular pouch, fresh cooked white fish and fresh cooked chicken, the latter two bought from Iceland. For her size Millie eats very little but as she is a moggie her breed mix is indeterminate but I feel she has either a Maine **** or Norwegian forest in her given her size.
She looks like a black and white version of Phoebe!

Soldato
Just back from a poo walk with my cat, got me to thinking, how many of you take your cat on a walk? I don't use a lead he just runs, walks, prowls and pounces alongside me for a good mile or two. Always a good talking point for any ramblers I meet along the way! "there goes that crazy guy walking his cat again..."

At my old house our two cats would always follow me down the road when I took the dog out for a walk. They'd run through all the front gardens meowing away!

Our two pretending they're best friends..
gosDjoSl.jpg

Then back to normal scrapping and pulling hair out of each other!
tjASXmEl.jpg

I'm still not sure if they're playing or actually fighting. They seem like best buds sometimes, sleeping together, licking each other, then 10 mins later all hell will break loose.[/QUOTE]

Associate
So cute. I'm learning towards a Ragdoll from the research I'm doing but of course I'll be paying a visit to a rescue centre first to see if I bond with any of the cats there.

Caporegime
So cute. I'm learning towards a Ragdoll from the research I'm doing but of course I'll be paying a visit to a rescue centre first to see if I bond with any of the cats there.
I have ragdolls. Well, part Ragdoll anyway and they're the most affectionate soppy, clumsy amazing furry sods around. Make us laugh every single day without fail!

Back
Top Bottom