Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Okay thanks guys. I think I’ll keep them in separate rooms this week whilst I’m at work. I’ll just slow the introduction phase down and see how it goes. Whilst I’m there I’ll let them do as they please. :)

Really hope it works out long term. Tilt and I have a very special bond, don’t want to damage it. At the same time though Jack is a lovely animal and deserves a happy home.

Pics, we need pics!

Associate
Okay thanks guys. I think I’ll keep them in separate rooms this week whilst I’m at work. I’ll just slow the introduction phase down and see how it goes. Whilst I’m there I’ll let them do as they please. :)

Really hope it works out long term. Tilt and I have a very special bond, don’t want to damage it. At the same time though Jack is a lovely animal and deserves a happy home.

My in laws did this to my current cat and a new cat when we lived with them. Our cat didn't respond well, sprayed everywhere and attacked the new cat who was just lazy and just wanted to say hi. We ended up keeping them in separate rooms because they didn't get on very well at all but I recon this is because it was an immediate put together.

When we moved out, they got another cat to replace ours and spent two weeks "quarantining" the cats. Let them smell each other but in other rooms(under the door). Swap them over after a couple of days so the smell changes. Let them feed on either side of the door so they can hear/smell whats happening and then slowly introduce/supervise time together. They will get use to each other but as they have been on their own for a long time, its difficult for them to get use to change. Such as when you move house or take them in the car. Cats love their own space and very little change.

I have also done the whole outdoor cat to indoor move so if you need tips, happy to help.

Soldato
Kitty Yoga time!

Whats_App_Image_2018-02-14_at_11.41.33_AM.jpg

Soldato
I have been lucky when introducing new cats, when I got my second, Rommy my first cat sniffed at Gem in the carrier for a few hours, then opened the carrier and let them get on with it, took about a week for this hissing to stop but now they get on fine.

Storm our 10 year old raggie that we rescued, we did the same thing, Rommy was fine with him straight away, Gem was not, but we think Storm is partially deaf so gem would hiss and he would walk past, either not caring or didn't hear the hiss.

But again after a week no issues.

So yes we have been lucky it just depends on the temperament of the cats

Kimbie

Soldato
Ace died today of kidney failure 2 weeks before his 10th birthday, such a wonderful, charismatic cat :(

My commiserations.

Continuing the sad theme, 15 years after rescuing this nut case from a shelter we finally said goodbye to Purdy tonight. Suspected brain tumour had left her pretty much unable to walk :(

Here in one of her dafter moments soon after bringing her home.

5lqbChx.jpg

Don
My commiserations.

Continuing the sad theme, 15 years after rescuing this nut case from a shelter we finally said goodbye to Purdy tonight. Suspected brain tumour had left her pretty much unable to walk :(

such a terrible felling, isn't it? this is 2nd time in 6 months for us :( all the best

Associate
Ace died today of kidney failure 2 weeks before his 10th birthday, such a wonderful, charismatic cat :(

28056708_2287492431264531_6251635288710900561_n.jpg

Sorry to hear this, he looks very like my Bengal Joe, he's 8 this year. If anyones wondering the reason the knob is missing from the drawer is cos that twatcat kept opening that one particular drawer. nCnH9Dy.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

Their instinctive response when another cat arrives is that it's competition for resources. Once they realise that food and attention is still plentiful they'll usually calm down.

Soldato
It's Flea time !!!!!!!!!!!

Just pottering in shed and Ronnie pokes his head round door making a funny meowwwww sound - looks down and he has bought me half a rabbit - back half for me as he has had the brains himself.

Suppose I will have to pick off the fleas tonight when he is on my lap and drop them in cup of water with washing up liquid in - I really like summer days.

Will go and throw it in field later and let Crows or Magpies have it

Soldato
Just pottering in shed and Ronnie pokes his head round door making a funny meowwwww sound - looks down and he has bought me half a rabbit - back half for me as he has had the brains himself.

The generosity of Ronnie is exemplary.
Fortunately my Millie only brings in mice and birds and they tend to be alive so much fun is had chasing these things around the flat in the early hours.

Back
Top Bottom