1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your kitty cats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ^TANK^, Sep 1, 2009.

1. explicit4u

Sgarrista

Yeah having a flat with no outdoor access rules out most rescue centres unfortunately.

2. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

The cat could get out of the flat but would mean us having to bring him in at night. Our neighbours cat also got run over just a few weeks after they had theirs.

3. Kronos

Catwalker

I know all circumstances are different but I stay one floor up and my cat Millie can pretty much come and go as she pleases. I do have a cat flap and the main stair door is always open as the entry system is broken and no one is prepared to pay their share of the rather large costs to have it repaired.
    I also have one busy road which Millie will not go anywhere near.
    I am not sure why some rescue centres have this stipulation of outdoor access as some cats are more than happy never to go out.

4. steve5424

Hitman

When I got my two cats 10 years ago from The Cat Protection League, I was told they need outdoor access and like to explore. I used to let them in the garden but they would never go far and since moving to a flat 7 years ago they never go out and are very happy to just run around and if I give them the choice of even going out in the close they are too scared and run back in when they hear a noise.

5. mikedigitales

Hitman

If you are looking for inside only you could rescue an FIV cat, our first was from Cats Protection, she was less than a year old and came from a multi-cat house where she's picked up FIV. Never made the slightest difference, she just wasn't aloud outside with other cats.
    Chelwood Gate don't have any anti children rules, just before Christmas we went with our 18month old baby and picked up a 12 week old kitten. They will have some cats that aren't suitable for homes with children though.

6. dowie

Caporegime

Friend of mine did that too, though the cat she picked up was a fair few years old as well, essentially it will probably only have a few years left and is used to being inside all the time so minimal fuss for her and if owning a cat turns out to be not for her then it isn't exactly the potential 15 year commitment with say getting a healthy kitten.

7. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We welcomed Honey to the family today. 9 weeks old. She's very brave, been in and out of her hiding place since we got her earlier.

8. Phate

Caporegime

That's a great name for a great kitteehh :D

9. Kelt

Sgarrista

10. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

Thanks Phate and Kelt. She's so confident now, spent the whole day with my wife and 3yr old. Still a bit scared when we're walking about doing our normal things.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Kaeo

Wise Guy

Won't be long before she trusts you enough to just lie there as you walk past. So cute. :)

12. DXP55

Mobster

Those pictures make you want to trade your old cat in for a newer model.

Holly been to Vet again today - has a virus or something in her ear "again" - The vets like her because when we open the box she comes out straight on to the scales and settles down - Vet then just lift scales to table and does her job. Mind you she is heavy 6.33 kg - It's a double edged sword - as she is she can't escape from garden - lose weight and she is out with no road sense what so ever,

13. Funky-Melon

Gangster

Our kitten has grown lots and she's settled right in with the resident cat. They get on great most of the time, except occasionally he tries to pin her down and lick her, then she gets annoyed after a while and screams a bit/runs off and he gets a tad aggressive, not sure if a pecking order has been established but if we shut him away she's always looking for him again.

Most of the time they're happy chasing each other or crawling under blankets to sleep next to each other :)

[​IMG]

14. d_brennen

Capodecina

Not really a pet person but being worn down by this idiot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ghutchison14078

Wise Guy

Don't even think about getting up human, I is comfy

[​IMG]

16. DEL 707

Mobster

Not normally a lap cat, but Bandit decided to get comfortable.

[​IMG]

17. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

Well Honey decided to be very mischievous all night last night. Up on the bed, jumping on every slight movement with the duvet we made during the night. She was eventually curled up between us both but constantly nibbling at me or the wife. Didn't get much sleep last night. Think we'll be setting some grounds rules for tonight but doubt she will listen hehe

18. Kronos

Catwalker

Good luck with that.:D:D

19. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

Exactly, Im sure we've all been there.

20. Funky-Melon

Gangster

Our kitten will snuggle up on the bed the second we turn off the lights downstairs to come up, she'll happily sleep at our feet till morning.

It's our older cat who'll sadly start frolicking at 4am so sadly they both get shut out at night. Always feel sorry for her when she's all ready to sleep and I have to boot her out :D