Show us your kitty cats

Caporegime
Not getting a huge amount of work done today because of this stoopid floof.

Image is from yesterday but she's been the same today, on off rolling around on my keyboard, swatting my fingers while I type and shut down my PC twice this morning (I have a macro key). Now have to keep the keyboard in 'gaming mode' to disable my shutdown key :D

lycHwyxh.jpg
I can relate to this :p

Man of Honour

She is a beautiful cat, she was a rescue at about 8 months old. Still doesn't really much like people and can be a bit bitey but after about 4 years she finally decided she liked me and that she would sit on my lap one night. She is about 6 ish now and likes some cuddles from me on her terms but is far less bity these days. My other 2 are soppy as hell and tend not to want to leave whatever rooms me and the wife are in.

Soldato
Not sure what is wrong with Ronnie but he won't stay in - he has had 4 or 5 mice in last two days - perhaps hunting mode has kicked in- Today he kept going out and it was pissin down - each time he came in he was soaked but it seems it doesn't bother him - wife gets towel out and rubs him all over and he goes into purring mode - has something to eat and off he goes again.
In the last few weeks he has started to put himself to bed - around 9.30 he will get up and wonder down to bedroom and jump on the bed - curl up by the pillow and go to sleep - he is not happy when you get two hands under him and move him over. The only problem is he gets up anytime between 4.00 and 6.00 for food then is off out.
Must say the rain has washed his coat and he smells fresh and clean.

Man of Honour
Not sure what is wrong with Ronnie but he won't stay in - he has had 4 or 5 mice in last two days - perhaps hunting mode has kicked in- Today he kept going out and it was pissin down - each time he came in he was soaked but it seems it doesn't bother him - wife gets towel out and rubs him all over and he goes into purring mode - has something to eat and off he goes again.
In the last few weeks he has started to put himself to bed - around 9.30 he will get up and wonder down to bedroom and jump on the bed - curl up by the pillow and go to sleep - he is not happy when you get two hands under him and move him over. The only problem is he gets up anytime between 4.00 and 6.00 for food then is off out.
Must say the rain has washed his coat and he smells fresh and clean.

Mine have been on the mice like crazy at the moment and constantly want to be out. Ive had probably a mouse a day for the last month. Ive also had frogs, toads and a grass snake. It has been carnage.

Caporegime
20200909-165420.jpg

Soldato
A grass snake is one thing any of our cats have never had - Tiggy a cat at our old place bought in a stoat (light brown and white and small) - I can only assume it jumped in her mouth - The damn thing sprayed all over the dining room and stunk like a load of Tom cats - Also took me ages to catch it and put it outside. Nasty vicious things. - Cute though.

Caporegime
Our boy Diablo has been quite busy over the summer, 13 dead mice, 3 live ones (injured), and 1 totally uninjured shrew (weird!).

Only his second summer as an outdoor cat, though he wasn't venturing out much when we first moved to the 'sticks'

Caporegime
Any recommendations for a high meat content (no grain) wet cat food for kittens that isn't going to cleanse my wallet please? It's a bit of a minefield, looking at the likes of Katkin but they start getting crazy money over a month.

Lily’s kitchen looks like a reasonable compromise. Any feedback off here please?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any recommendations for a high meat content (no grain) wet cat food for kittens that isn't going to cleanse my wallet please? It's a bit of a minefield, looking at the likes of Katkin but they start getting crazy money over a month.

Lily’s kitchen looks like a reasonable compromise. Any feedback off here please?

We cancelled katkin this month, rotate Thrive cans, Meowing Heads pouches, and Crave pouches

Associate

Check out Animonda Carny and Feringa on Zooplus. Bozita is also very good.

I can't get my kitten to eat wet food, he just eats a bit and leaves, waiting for his Orijen kibbles. I must have tried at least 10 different brands by now.

Caporegime
We cancelled katkin this month, rotate Thrive cans, Meowing Heads pouches, and Crave pouches

I can't get my kitten to eat wet food, he just eats a bit and leaves, waiting for his Orijen kibbles. I must have tried at least 10 different brands by now.

Cool thanks chaps.

Caporegime

I can't get mine to eat the pate types, which are the ones you've mentioned above. Feringa, Bozita, etc. Often highly recommended, but she wont so much as try a nibble.

**** Felix or nothing. I wouldn't have believed it until seeing it with my own eyes. How does an animal decide that they will only eat one, single brand of food? I can't figure it out.

Man of Honour
Applaws wet food ftw. It actually looks like what it’s supposed to be so I always feel.... humane giving it to them.

It also doesn’t absolutely honk.

Caporegime
Thanks for the replies, I found what seems to be a fairly new start up called Untamed that is a very reasonable price (I say found it was a Facebook ad). High meat and no grain, ordered a trial just to check it out I’ll report back if my kitten likes it :p

Associate
I can't get mine to eat the pate types, which are the ones you've mentioned above. Feringa, Bozita, etc. Often highly recommended, but she wont so much as try a nibble.

**** Felix or nothing. I wouldn't have believed it until seeing it with my own eyes. How does an animal decide that they will only eat one, single brand of food? I can't figure it out.

Mine doesn't eat Felix either :(

Still have a couple of brands to try and then I'm gonna have to give up on wet food, I've thrown away so much so far :(

Caporegime
...I've thrown away so much so far :(
Tell me about it!

At the beginning of the first lockdown the only wet food I could get was a mega pack of 100 Sheba pouches. Going to donate them somewhere because she's not interested :p She's been through pretty much the entire Zooplus menu and didn't eat any of it (bar Felix of course :p)

Back
Top Bottom