Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
The one that got into the "inaccessible" area? That's a result... why is Ronnie looking so relaxed.. he didnt tidy up his "problem" YOU did!!! CATS HAVE STAFF :D

That's a old picture of Ronnie.

The mouse was in the bedroom -it attacked packs of rice and dried fruit we had in there for a rainy day and my stack of ginger biscuits - it was also in drawers under the bed and mouse poo all over linen - not to mention floor.

I am guessing it was in for around three days before I saw it in the hall and it shot off into bedroom -You wouldn't believe the mess one mouse can make in such a short time.
Might just put trap down again for a few days in case there is another.

The thing is he brings them in to show us and we are in the garden so he drops it to come and tell us and the mouse just shot off. :rolleyes:

Associate
Cat-Pics-9.jpg

Man of Honour
Sadly I lost Jade this morning. She had a bad day yesterday and was struggling to get down the backdoor step let alone our stairs. She was getting weaker and still only picked at her food. Last night she just wanted to be left alone so I decided that if there was no improvement in the morning that I had to do the right thing for her and not put her through anymore. This morning she was no better but she managed a hobble around the garden. I tried her with breakfast, two of her favourites and she just sniffed them and walked off. I phoned the vets and they got me in at 9.30. The vet examined her and agreed that this was probably for the best. She gave Jade the injection and she went straight away, she must have been so weak. The vet said that was really quick and she must have been holding on all this time with sheer willpower. She left me with Jade for as long as I wanted so I spent a bit of time with her before arranging the cremation and choosing a nice sleeping curled up black cat urn and going home heartbroken. She was a part of my life for fourteen and a half years and now she's gone. Goodbye my beautiful baby.

LAIbNRj.jpg

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Ah gutted for you @pastymuncher so sorry to hear that. You made the hardest but ultimately best decision for her by the sounds of it. I know it's not easy but try not to dwell on the decision and how Jade was recently, try to remember the funny and good times with her.

Soldato
Sadly I lost Jade this morning. She had a bad day yesterday and was struggling to get down the backdoor step let alone our stairs. She was getting weaker and still only picked at her food. Last night she just wanted to be left alone so I decided that if there was no improvement in the morning that I had to do the right thing for her and not put her through anymore. This morning she was no better but she managed a hobble around the garden. I tried her with breakfast, two of her favourites and she just sniffed them and walked off. I phoned the vets and they got me in at 9.30. The vet examined her and agreed that this was probably for the best. She gave Jade the injection and she went straight away, she must have been so weak. The vet said that was really quick and she must have been holding on all this time with sheer willpower. She left me with Jade for as long as I wanted so I spent a bit of time with her before arranging the cremation and choosing a nice sleeping curled up black cat urn and going home heartbroken. She was a part of my life for fourteen and a half years and now she's gone. Goodbye my beautiful baby.

LAIbNRj.jpg
Sorry to hear this, I'm gutted for you. My too are about the same age and I was tearing up reading your post.

We almost lost the younger one TJ about 4 years ago. The vet told us he would only make it a few days. But somehow he bounced back and for being so timid has become a different cat. Coming up to sit with us and get petted. He has a really major heart murmur so we're always weary as he gets scared so easily.

My thoughts are with you.

Man of Honour
Thank you all for your kind words. I am totally heartbroken right now, she was my first cat so always had a special place in my heart and is the second cat I have lost in 9 months, both from kidney related problems. She was so good natured and loving and I couldn't do a damn thing to help her apart from letting her go. I just have my little Abby (Toots) left now who turned 12 in July. We got her as a 12 week old kitten and Jade "mothered" her from the minute we brought her home because that was just how loving she was. I won't be getting anymore cat's. Despite all the joy and loving they have brought me over the years it hurts too much when they pass. My cats are my world and are like family members to me. I keep expecting her to walk into the room and rub against my leg for a cuddle.

Associate
The cat I posted early in Santa clothes was my longest serving Burmese who also went to kidney failure. I had to have him put down and I admit I blubbed. I couldnt even bring myself to tell my kids I'd had him put down, just saying he'd died when they were at school.

Caporegime
Obligatory picture update of Winston after visiting my mum :). Became BFFs with my wife over the weekend which is great as she grew up not liking/getting pets, he's turned her. Stage 1 complete.

Man of Honour
^When we took on Garfield my sister in law came around for a visit and she didn't like cats, she never gave Abby or Jade a rub even when they rubbed against her leg. Garfield was the type of cat who would just "invite" himself to any available lap. Sister in law sits down, Garfield comes into the room to see who has arrived, jumps up on the sofa and crashes out on her lap purring his head off and she ends up stroking him. That was the type of cat he was. If he wanted your lap there was no stopping him. You could pick him up and put him on the floor and within seconds he was back again. Anyone who resisted soon gave up as resistance was futile, nothing would get between him and a lap. He converted her and now she doesn't mind cats and was even thinking of getting one for company although that doesn't look likely now as she has been admitted to hospital with a late stage brain tumour and it doesn't look good at all. This has been a really ****** week!!

Poor little Abby has been lost since Jade passed on Monday. She was going around the house looking for her and crying on Monday and then turned really clingy and hardly left me alone. She probably sensed me hurting badly as well so we have had loads of cuddles this week, even more than usual.

Soldato

LAIbNRj.jpg

:(

Associate
Sorry to hear about your Burmese, pastymuncher

Perhaps a stupid question but can a cat be choked in a harness? I want to get mine used to wearing one so I can mount a gps tracker on his back as he is too small to wear it comfortably on a collar, but I won't use it if if it's at all possible to get strangled in one hanging from a tree or something. The harness I have is a basic H-shaped one. They don't have breakaway releases like most good collars do (for obvious reasons).

Cat tax:
nAJSICS.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom