Show us your kitty cats

Caporegime
Can anyone recommend any product I can use to stop muddy paw prints please? With the weather as it's been recently it's getting tiresome to wake up with the lower floor of my house caked in mud....

I've already tried the sort of pet mats you can get on Amazon which to be frank do literally sod all. At this point I'm moving towards locking the cat flap when the weather has been bad, but ideally I don't want to lock him inside if I can avoid it.

Associate
I've already tried the sort of pet mats you can get on Amazon which to be frank do literally sod all. At this point I'm moving towards locking the cat flap when the weather has been bad, but ideally I don't want to lock him inside if I can avoid it.

Yeah you might have dirty pawprints of another kind if you lock the cat-flap :D

Just accept your place in the hierarchy and keep cleaning up the mess human slave!

Soldato
BHQ14hE.jpg
Frank has just finished his FIP medication (12 week course) and is officially in the observation period of 12 weeks. So far the bloods are excellent and on paper he is cured. We have 2 sets of bloods to do at 6 and 12 weeks and if all the same then he will have officially beaten FIP. Such an amazing turnaround!

Caporegime
BHQ14hE.jpg
Frank has just finished his FIP medication (12 week course) and is officially in the observation period of 12 weeks. So far the bloods are excellent and on paper he is cured. We have 2 sets of bloods to do at 6 and 12 weeks and if all the same then he will have officially beaten FIP. Such an amazing turnaround!

Go Frank!

Feijão got spayed and chipped last week, alternating between the vest of shame and the doughnut of ridiculousness.

exw7PFhl.jpg

pIAJZlpl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
gizmo and elsa are getting a lot bigger now :)

took these pics and videos earlier.

jELgmQP.jpg
0owD1i8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEBNxPiyXf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MITCDNkOt8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3guHtw-O9Y

yay kittens and the male is unsuspecting about his wee furry balls getting cut off soon, theres a shortage of kitty vaccinations so they have had minimal time with my 16 year old black and white cat, all hell should be set loose near end of the month, their booked in for stuff at the vet, the male is getting his balls chopped then a few month later his sister will get done and gonna be vaccinations too :)

they are growing so big now but still tiny :)

edit: bonus pic
kLbMMpn.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick snap of two of ours last night

IMG-20220311-214012.jpg

Izzy on the left is 20 and Midnight on the right, three

Soldato
Took Ronny to Vet yesterday

QPDD1oK.jpg

He passed his MOT - eyes-teeth -ears all OK -heart and lungs fine so he had a jab for whatever it is that Vets make a lot of money on (Our Vet is now Medivet)

Over the last month or so Ronny has been sick on occasions and also lathargic so booked him in last week.

Well lots happen in a week what with wife doing some gardening so where was Ronny - Yep racing around garden jumping into flowers and doing silly things -also sprints across lawn and then starts to scarify it -
The little bugger was having us on.
When he goes out first stop is next door who have lost their cat so they probably give him something -then over the road to a mates -walks through cat flap and guzzles down any food left in dishes by Milo and Pepper.
So he could have picked up something that he likes but disagrees with him.

Getting him to the Vet is a highly planned sorty -He should be there at 4.45 so he needs to be in by 4.00 so when he has had his morning nap and goes outside I nipped out to get his box and hid it in bedroom -he comes in then for another kip then out about 2.00 - he wanted to come in at 3.00 but we left him out so when he came in he had some food then got on my lap.
I had lit the wood burner so when I got off chair at 4.10 he jumps down and lies on mat infront of fire - now this is where the stealth comes in - I made up the fire while wife sat at table sewing and making sewing noises then stroked his head and slowly put my hands round him making sure right hand was now under both front legs and left hand was right on top of his shoulders. By now he had twigged it and started squirming but I had a good hold and in the box he went which I had moved to kitchen to get the height -
Now we had the yowling all way to vet -once in he came out of box good as gold -Vet did everything he need to then put Ronny on scales and was pleased to see he was same weight as last year. 5.7kg

Associate
Hey All,

Hoping to get some advise here, basically I met my partner 3 years ago, she moved in March 2020 due to COVID etc, however she came with her 4 cats..... (2 3 years old and 2 5 years old), I didnt see a issue with this and I had a little girl so seemed fair.

Now we always have had the occasional accident with poo or something which i accepted as one of those things. However since the other 2 cats turned 5 years old, we are having a nightmare, they are peeing everywhere, spraying everywhere, pooing in other places, its getting out of control. I have tried adding more litter trays, we now have 4 dotted around our 5 bedroom house, plug ins to try and calm them, training where we can etc, however nothing has worked.

Since January it has hit a new low of them actually peeing on the kitchen sides.... (open plan house), to me this is getting beyond a limit now as I feed bad for my 4 year old little girl and the risk of her catching something or dangers of her near this type of environment. It hit a head last week when I sent her in for bath and there was a pool of yellow liquid (pee) on the floor which she thought was shampoo and I walked in to find her rubbing this all over her body.... I was destroyed, lost my temper.

Its got to the point now where me and my partner are discussing separating due to this issue, as the cats are her babies and I would never feel comfortable asking her to get rid of them as its not fair.

The oddest thing is that before they moved here, they lived in a single bed town house, with a single room as a living room/diner and a bedroom as there only existing and were only let out for 3 hours a day, now they have a tonne of space (all bedroom doors except ours have to be shut), all be it before in the single bed house they did occasionally have issues, not to this level though. I can only believe it is due to age.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Soldato
I don't know anything about cats. But this sounds like change of environment has them stressed or changed their habits. They mark their territory etc. So maybe you can retrain them back into better habits. Close doors to rooms they don't need access to etc. At least till they get the message.

Back
Top Bottom