Show us your kitty cats

Well this escalated quickly.

"Can we get a kitten..." to this in no-time flat.

SfGrvUV.jpeg

Presenting Rick and Morty (I believe the wife has vetoed this, but I'm calling them that anyway). They're brothers, about 12 weeks old iirc. Morty is going to be a lunker, he's already a good chunk bigger than his brother.

Last edited:
She wants to call one of them "Dave". Originally Rick was supposed to be a girl, so we'd had a slew of boy/girl duo names worked out but somehow (cue Joey from Friends blowing on a duckling) they managed to mis-sex the poor little dude.

Wubba-lubba dub-dub!

Soldato
Well this escalated quickly.

"Can we get a kitten..." to this in no-time flat.

SfGrvUV.jpeg

Presenting Rick and Morty (I believe the wife has vetoed this, but I'm calling them that anyway). They're brothers, about 12 weeks old iirc. Morty is going to be a lunker, he's already a good chunk bigger than his brother.
Ha.

We're still waiting. Moving again this year that may need a rental in between as we're heading North of the border.

Don't want to put a kitty through a move and, tbh, it's been ten weeks since we lost ours and I'm still mourning. The move(s) are a good excuse to wait.

Anyway, they look like trouble :)

Associate
okay fair enough, human names is kinda cute and cool.
although someone might call social services if they hear you say that Dave will be fine for a day, locked inside safely with water left out for him

Last edited:
Ha.

We're still waiting. Moving again this year that may need a rental in between as we're heading North of the border.

Don't want to put a kitty through a move and, tbh, it's been ten weeks since we lost ours and I'm still mourning. The move(s) are a good excuse to wait.

Anyway, they look like trouble :)

All in good time dude. They're resilient little critters, they'll move with you when you're ready of course.

These two replace my wife's cat that we lost nearly 2 years ago, she drove this decision so was ready for another cat (well, cats) I guess.

Soldato
All in good time dude. They're resilient little critters, they'll move with you when you're ready of course.

These two replace my wife's cat that we lost nearly 2 years ago, she drove this decision so was ready for another cat (well, cats) I guess.
Oh very true, very tough little buggers.

No way I could leave our old girl behind and she moved to NZ and back with us for a couple of years when we lived there for a while.

Right little trooper, she loved the new scenery :)

It's more me tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still quite some time after we move that well get another. Can fully understand why you guys have held off for a couple of years.

Enjoy your new furry additions, I bet it's nice having little paws running about the place again.

Soldato
Hope vega picks up soon @TheVoice

Definitely not hayfever or some other allergen? Cats, damned stressful trying to figure out what's bothering them.
Thanks! Vet said it's often caused by e.coli bacteria, he hasn't been sneezing or wheezing or anything fortunately, just his eye which is already looking much clearer today. He's been spending a lot of time up on the window sills with the breeze from the open window blowing into his face so something may have just got in there and caused an issue.

Soldato
That looks like the same one I got from Pets At Home last year for Vega, it's held up to his daily use and abuse really well, no fraying or holes in the fabric anywhere. I got some small self-adhesive rubber feet to stick on the base because he'd jump at it and send it skidding across the floor.

Soldato
It's bothered me more than I thought it would, or of the two he was the one that followed me round especially during the week when I'm up for work sat with while I had my morning coffee. Properly miss him.
Just hope it was an instant thing hate the thought he was lay there suffering.
We try to keep them indoors for this reason but they just constantly make a run for it as soon as any door is opened.
Any tips on keeping the last one in.

Back
Top Bottom