After he's had some milk (cat milk)
IMG-20240519-201237.jpg

Can I help you sir?
IMG-20240524-161056.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Staying still before enjoying the warm glow

PXL-20240529-070437235-PORTRAIT.jpg

Is there any tips or advice to stop over grooming? She is getting red spots on her belly, and more annoyingly is constantly scratching under her chin which is a bit red.

She's also developed this very, very slight limp yesterday, despite no obvious signs of a fall or accident; she's walking around without issue, jumping up OK and even enjoyed running around for a play...

Last edited:
Associate
Staying still before enjoying the warm glow

PXL-20240529-070437235-PORTRAIT.jpg

Is there any tips or advice to stop over grooming? She is getting red spots on her belly, and more annoyingly is constantly scratching under her chin which is a bit red.

She's also developed this very, very slight limp yesterday, despite no obvious signs of a fall or accident; she's walking around without issue, jumping up OK and even enjoyed running around for a play...
Checked for fleas ?

Associate
Not a bad suggestion, but there’s nothing remotely obvious. She had her flea and worming medication around 3 weeks ago.
Ah ok most probably not that. One of our cats had similar thing and we took him to the vets. After steroid injection and some antibiotics it went away. Hopefully you get it sorted, it's hard when you not sure what to do.

Soldato
Is it possible that her skin is sensitive to one of the medications? Those things can last on the skin for a very long time.
Don't think so otherwise it should have come up in any vet reports from the shelter. She does seem to generate a lot of dander around her back, and we are grooming her ourselves, but she's cleaning a lot around her belly (which already has a large empty spot) and her chin

Associate
been locking out gizmo and elsa recently from my room as i have a window open and elsa got in earlier and done this to me

wee darling she had her claws out as well so it was a bit painful but the fur was so soft :)
My cat Smudge does that to me, but she acts like shes trying to suckle, sticking her face into my clothes, purring loudly.
Sometimes she'll climb on my shoulder and do it.

She was a stray we took in after someone found her in the woods.

I've had her for about 8 years now and she still does it.
Apparently it's called smurgling.

Last edited:
Soldato
My cat Smudge does that to me, but she acts like shes trying to suckle, sticking her face into my clothes, purring loudly.
Sometimes she'll climb on my shoulder and do it.

She was a stray we took in after someone found her in the woods.

I've had her for about 8 years now and she still does it.
Apparently it's called smurgling.
Some people also calling it kneading or padding. Its a proper sign that they love you. It means they are feeling safe and very happy. Almost making them behave like kittens trying to get milk from their mums.

My Sky used to do it daily. Never claws out though. Almost trans like he would do it for ages.

Soldato
Might be getting two kittens....might.....finally wore the wife down and fairly sure she's going to relent and get a bonded pair from the same litter, for my twin boys Alex and Lewis. I'm delighted too :D

As someone who is 3 months in with 5 month old bonded kittens all I can say it good luck! I don't have kids so never did the being woken up several times a night by a crying baby but have done the being woken up from 5.30am every day for a couple of hours by two kitten who think my bed is the perfect wrestling ring as they tear in and out of my room and all hell breaks loose :cry: 99% of the time its a joy and they are brilliant but there have been a few sense of humour failures along the way.

Soldato
Think we've wittled down the above to a bout of cat acne as she's started bleeding from her chin later this morning - cone of shame on the for time being, bowls have had a clean (she uses ceramic ones anyway) and also already on medication for her other stuff that should hopefully help.

Soldato
Think we've wittled down the above to a bout of cat acne as she's started bleeding from her chin later this morning - cone of shame on the for time being, bowls have had a clean (she uses ceramic ones anyway) and also already on medication for her other stuff that should hopefully help.

Could be an allergy, I suppose. Have you tried simplifying her diet?

Soldato

Oscar our 3.5 year old Siberian had that, he grew out of it thankfully

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom