Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
My 130i fully loaded, going very soon:( Really want M135i:D but head say's 320d Coupé. Ahhh don't know what to do:confused:
img1382dv.jpg

Man of Honour
My 130i fully loaded, going very soon:( Really want M135i:D but head say's 320d Coupé. Ahhh don't know what to do:confused:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9637/img1382dv.jpg[G][/QUOTE]

If you have M135 money don't go anywhere near a 320 coupe! They are a very old design now and are simply not big money cars anymore. The amount you would lose on one would be so much more than it would cost to do lots miles in your current car.

Associate
[TW]Fox;24203175 said:
If you have M135 money don't go anywhere near a 320 coupe! They are a very old design now and are simply not big money cars anymore. The amount you would lose on one would be so much more than it would cost to do lots miles in your current car.

Unfortunately personal circumstances dictate the selling of the car and purchase of new house, absolutely gutted and will miss the straight six but the only sensible option for me at this time will be a 320d secondhand maybe a 12 plate.
The devil in me say's **** it get the M135i but i have children to think of also, on a single wage and said responsibilities i have to go with my head not my heart:( anyways nuff said one day i will have my M car!

Soldato
Unfortunately personal circumstances dictate the selling of the car and purchase of new house, absolutely gutted and will miss the straight six but the only sensible option for me at this time will be a 320d secondhand maybe a 12 plate.
The devil in me say's **** it get the M135i but i have children to think of also, on a single wage and said responsibilities i have to go with my head not my heart:( anyways nuff said one day i will have my M car!

Don't worry it's not a true M ;)

Associate
So why exactly does the car you currently have have to go? You state you need to buy a house but are entertaining the idea of blowing more money on a new 320d or m135i. Why not keep what you have? As pointed out it will probably be cheaper anyway (almost definitely so in the case of M135i). If you must buy a bigger car that is a dirty dag dag buy something that has already taken the depreciation hit ie something 3+ years old. Personally I see nothing wrong with your current motor.

Caporegime
Odd decision makes no sense. A 2012 320d coupé isn't exactly going to be cheap, indeed it's likely to cost you a fair chunk over the value of your 1-series. It's going to be a depreciation nightmare, with the 4-series crippling the value of the E92 as soon as a decent stream of used vehicles hits the market.

Man of Honour

I don't get it. You have a 130i - the newest of which is what, 6 years old now. Its worth about £10-12k.

You need to sell it to buy a house. A shame, but needs must - seems sensible I guess.

But you want to replace it with a 1 year old 3 Series? It'll be worth almost double what your 130i is and shed thousands more in value than your 130i will.

Eh!?

It's all so un-neccesary especially as the E92 is a car thats been out since 2006 and is based on a car that came out in 2005 - essentially its the same 'generation' as your 1 Series. It's different but not a leap forward.

You can buy 320d Coupes for about £11k which are near as makes no difference identical.

Back
Top Bottom