Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Are Falkens that objectionable? I thought they were upper-mid range?

Put it this way, I wholeheartedly regretted putting them on a 220bhp hatchback.

Why anyone would dream about putting them on a Porsche is beyond me.

They'd be OK for a small city car, but then price difference is so minimal at those tyre sizes anyway, why wouldn't you opt for the premium brand knowing you will have much better dry and wet braking ability.

Soldato
Tyres are evil :D
944444_377085239070526_425698264_n.jpg

Soldato
Unfortunately that lovely big £££ MarkII went head on into the wall at 50mph during a battle in the afternoon competition. Car was destroyed and it was the guys 40th birthday too, wasn't even his fault. I'd have been gutted but he seemed calm about it.

Soldato
32's or 71's for an SE IMHO. 37's only work on the Sport.

I rarely see 71's on an SE and I wanted something a little bit different. I think they work perfectly with the SE shape.

They're 17" OE alloys so perfect for the SE. Nice blend of looks and uncompromised ride qualty. I'm not bothered about the gap.

Associate
Been a while since been on the forums but here is my current car. 58plate mk1 Mazda MPS with a few upgrades, running around 320/340 bhp (depends on what rr you believe lol)
2012_06_23_19_15_08.jpg

engine.jpg

exhaust4.jpg

Soldato
Lovely car but I'd get rid of the arrowspeeds - I had them on my first car and they were absolutely awful, bordering on dangerous.

You see, I disagree, I had them put on because I couldn't source anything else at the time and one of the tyres was destroyed from it being flat and driving on it for 1/2 mile.
I've not had any kind of issue slamming on the brakes in the wet, or have any doubts when going round a roundabout far too quickly in the wet, or the dry, quite literally the tyres haven't ever caused me to think I needed better ones. They have however only lasted about 10k miles and are on the limit, so a pair of Vredesteins Sessantas are going on (got them on the back, plenty of life left in them)

*Edit* No I wouldn't purchase them again, but just saying they aren't literally ditch finders(although might be different with them on the rear as well)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom