Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
They are 18s with low profile tyres...thankfully they only cost a bit more per tyre than my old boring 16"s.

When I had a Polo TDi (PD130) with 16" wheels, the tyres were always abnormally expensive compared to 17s and I could never understand why. I suppose 16" is just an unpopular wheel size so the production cost is high.

Nice A1 :) I do like the look of the high-spec ones.

Soldato
I cleaned my car at the weekend... polished it and all, bar the wheels which need redoing tbh.

1459821_10153480892415128_1743609453_n.jpg

1450792_10153480892325128_1610546982_n.jpg

(If you had seen it with 2 kids, this is clean as HELL!)

1467395_10153480892515128_1959734987_n.jpg

1466189_10153480892760128_382839011_n.jpg

Soldato
Nice, you living in France with a UK plated car? How do you get on with that?

In the past I've just bought new cars when I needed to do anything with it lol :D this one though had to come home again for a trip, then back. Sort me out a bit more time to re-register it over here. If I get around to it...
The trip back is a massive pain in the ass, but at least you have the UK plate power when you go through Switzerland as their cameras are everywhere and the fines are salary based (and % over the limit you are). I'd be raped. Mate got a 300CHF fine for being 4km/h over the limit! :eek:

Soldato
Dad picked up his new car this week, jealous...

Have to wait till April for my new Seat Leon 1.8 TSI FR.

Looks nice.

Question: why do Audi feel it necessary to stick quad exhausts on everything these days? Soon you'll be getting 2.0TDI's with 4 exhausts.

It just confirms in my mind that Audi are the king of bling and show off cars with their massively oversized alloys with loltastic small brake discs behind them, christmas lights as DRL's and on the slightly higher models quad exhausts.

I know all brands do bling stuff out to a degree, but Audi seemed to have turned it up to 11 in recent years. The older "Sx" models were more subtle, and the "RSx" models were where the bling was, because it had the muscle to back it up.

Soldato
Looks nice.

Question: why do Audi feel it necessary to stick quad exhausts on everything these days? Soon you'll be getting 2.0TDI's with 4 exhausts.

It just confirms in my mind that Audi are the king of bling and show off cars with their massively oversized alloys with loltastic small brake discs behind them, christmas lights as DRL's and on the slightly higher models quad exhausts.

I know all brands do bling stuff out to a degree, but Audi seemed to have turned it up to 11 in recent years. The older "Sx" models were more subtle, and the "RSx" models were where the bling was, because it had the muscle to back it up.

I'd imagine it's because the new S3 is just as quick as an old RS6

Soldato
Looks nice.

Because you need 4 pipes to get the exhaust gases out of that massive 4 cylinder engine.

Oh wait... :o

Caporegime
Looks nice.

Alloys are what 19"? Same as every other hot hatch.

Brakes aren't tiny at all.

DRLS are on nearly every new car.

In fact the S3 apart from the quad pipes, which are a little garish, is probably the least blingy car in the range compared with all the TDIs which don't have the performance to go with the looks.

Certainly wouldn't be on my shopping list but if you debadged it I doubt most people would realise it was a nearly 300hp hatch.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Which non proper "S" Audi has quad exhausts? I can't think of any?

Whole big deal being made out of a non issue IMO :p

What's with the stream of "omg BMW fanboy!!" comments as well over recent times?

Back
Top Bottom