Show Us Your Motors!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
This forum has me always pay attention to E39s now. I saw a sport the other day with the same style 37s and it looked in great condition. Was in an odd green/champagne colour but I rather liked it. Only let down was a whale penis diesel exhaust hanging out the bumper.

Caporegime
My rusty 18 year old bucket from a track day in August. It's been off the road for the past few months while I have been doing some upgrades for next year. Just got a new ticket for it yesterday. Can't wait for the snow to fall now :D.

21jy7eo.jpg

No 18" wheels or 2.0tdi but I do own the car ;)

Soldato
I've had this for a few months now, but haven't got around to posting it up.
Swapped the ZT-T for it, it's cost nothing to own for the time I've had it and it's not too bad on fuel either.
133k on the clock and it's a '51 plate.

Yes, genericrover.jpg incoming :p

75 Tourer Auto CDTi with Nav, Cruise, sunroof and electric everything - plus it all works. They tend to sell for around £1400 in this spec / condition, so I couldn't really say no with the ZT-T worth quite a lot less.
My logic was Cruise will be handy for my Germany and Spain road trips in the next few months, and an Auto is better now I'm only pottering around town (I now work for myself, so just do local parcel drops etc).
It's had new tyres before I got it, and brakes / suspension also appear to have been renewed at some point (new pads, decent discs and Boge shock absorbers). Certainly feels nice and tight.

Fire away... :o

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I've had this for a few months now, but haven't got around to posting it up.
Swapped the ZT-T for it, it's cost nothing to own for the time I've had it and it's not too bad on fuel either.
133k on the clock and it's a '51 plate.

Yes, genericrover.jpg incoming :p

75 Tourer Auto CDTi with Nav, Cruise, sunroof and electric everything - plus it all works. They tend to sell for around £1400 in this spec / condition, so I couldn't really say no with the ZT-T worth quite a lot less.
My logic was Cruise will be handy for my Germany and Spain road trips in the next few months, and an Auto is better now I'm only pottering around town (I now work for myself, so just do local parcel drops etc).
It's had new tyres before I got it, and brakes / suspension also appear to have been renewed at some point (new pads, decent discs and Boge shock absorbers). Certainly feels nice and tight.

Fire away... :o

I'd never doubt your Rover knowledge for a moment, but for someone with very little, why is a 2004 MG ZT-T worth loads less than a 2001/2002 standard 75?

On paper the ZT-T is 2 years newer and generally a more prestigious model? I guess mega miles or something? :)

Soldato
I'd never doubt your Rover knowledge for a moment, but for someone with very little, why is a 2004 MG ZT-T worth loads less than a 2001/2002 standard 75?

On paper the ZT-T is 2 years newer and generally a more prestigious model? I guess mega miles or something? :)

The ZT-T was about 10K further along than the 75, however what sets value on these tends to be specification and work done in the past.

This one has had most common issues sorted, and due to the clutch hudraulics on the manual being so problematic the auto is generally worth more. It's got the fairly decent Jatco JF06E (I think that's what it's called) gearbox, which rarely gives issue.

In addition, the ZT-T was base specification with no extras. This one has every option including auto wipers, which is fairly sought after on these cars.
Overall it was a decision based on value, as I'm still looking for a decent E60. I'll be keeping this for a while, however, as it's in stellar condition for its age, and drives superbly.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I see, i told you I knew nothing about Rovers. Thats a swap I would have made too, the replacement sounds loads better :)

An E60 tourer is a car I wouldn't mind either at the moment, nice cars and very sensible values now that the F10 has given them a bit of a hammering.

Back
Top Bottom