Show Us Your Motors!

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Could you not cover the light cover with tape of some kind to keep it watertight?

LEDs always make the rear end look so much fresher though..it's one thing I always try to do with my cars soon after getting them. Thankfully the 335 has them as standard, although the interior lights are regular bulbs and it's only a matter of time before they get swapped out for LEDs :)

Possibly, but then I'd declare that done and never fix it properly :p thanks for the suggestion though.

Did you ever swap the interior to LED on the E46? Have LEDs in currently and still considering the change back to standard.... Have you got the door handle lights on the E92?

Associate
It took quite a long time actually! The most painful part was getting the bumper because I wanted a genuine aero one; not cheap!

Everything is being sorted on it at the moment so I might get to see if before the end of the year. haha

They are definitely a rare breed and I am gutted I broke one :( Wasn't even hoofing it either which is the most annoying thing.

Soldato
Couple pictures I took of it up in the Lakes yesterday:

2djxw0x.jpg

2ynpbq1.jpg

My preferred colour combo, wheels suit too and nicely staggered - congrats, Looks very nice.

Soldato
Possibly, but then I'd declare that done and never fix it properly :p thanks for the suggestion though.

Did you ever swap the interior to LED on the E46? Have LEDs in currently and still considering the change back to standard.... Have you got the door handle lights on the E92?

I guess the bulb covers are pretty inexpensive so it probably makes more sense to just get them ordered than faffing around with tape :)

The E46 was one car I didn't get round to fitting LEDs to, but mainly because I was unemployed for 4 of the 6 months I owned it, so things like LEDs were luxuries. Why you thinking of going back to standard bulbs?

Yes the E92 has the door handle puddle lights..they're really handy for checking just how close the next door neighbour has parked to my car after he's come in from work in the evening :)

I hope you feel pleased with yourself though..I've just gone and spent £45 on a full interior LED kit! :p

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
I guess the bulb covers are pretty inexpensive so it probably makes more sense to just get them ordered than faffing around with tape :)

The E46 was one car I didn't get round to fitting LEDs to, but mainly because I was unemployed for 4 of the 6 months I owned it, so things like LEDs were luxuries. Why you thinking of going back to standard bulbs?

Yes the E92 has the door handle puddle lights..they're really handy for checking just how close the next door neighbour has parked to my car after he's come in from work in the evening :)

I hope you feel pleased with yourself though..I've just gone and spent £45 on a full interior LED kit! :p

The fade of the LED's isn't as nice as the standard bulbs, plus they're a little bit too cold (albeit still white) and not as bright as I'd hoped, as well as looking a little bit chav imo...

Awesome, have always thought those handle lights look fantastic :)

Oh enjoy, if it's anything like fitting the E46 one, prep yourself with a knife and allow more time than expected :p look forward to pics when it's done :)

Soldato
The fade of the LED's isn't as nice as the standard bulbs, plus they're a little bit too cold (albeit still white) and not as bright as I'd hoped, as well as looking a little bit chav imo...

Awesome, have always thought those handle lights look fantastic :)

Oh enjoy, if it's anything like fitting the E46 one, prep yourself with a knife and allow more time than expected :p look forward to pics when it's done :)

Yeah I know where you're coming from with the coldness of LEDs, although I've never had any issues with the brightness of them.

There are 18 bulbs in the E92 kit, so I'm fully expecting it to take a while, and for it to probably do my back in if the lights in my C30 were anything to go by! :)

Just off to pick up the E92 after getting the wheels refurbed..can't wait to see how they look!!

Soldato
It's too dark outside for any decent shots, but here's a couple of my refurbed wheels:

vpew.jpg

finu.jpg

Went for Smoked Chrome in the end; they're darker than standard but also bright at the same time if that makes any sense?! :)

I'll get the car cleaned and some decent daylight shots taken at the weekend...for now please excuse my dirty tyres!

Soldato
Looking awesome! Now just need to do something about the nuts :)

Cheers dude..can't wait to see what they look like in the daylight.

The less said about my nuts the better! ;) They look terrible don't they! Refurbed wheels, new centre caps and valves and then rusty bolts to finish it all off. You're going to cost me a lot of money you sod! :)

Back
Top Bottom