Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
My 6 week old VW Polo Match Edition. The colour is very marmite. Loads of people don't like it. I absolutely love it, first new car I've had and although it's not fast it is adequate for me. Only travel to work and back which is 2 miles each way and the odd motorway jaunt. Done just under a 1000 miles now.

Although some idiot has already took the paint off the drivers door with their car door :mad:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t98h9o74809u4ga/2014-01-25%2011.33.54.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7fh56a5bz92xo2/2014-01-25%2011.33.16.jpg[IMG]

Not sure why the pics are loading![/QUOTE]
I'm a big fan of that colour!

Soldato
Spur of the morning drive at 6AM. Dawn was beautiful over the Ashdown Forest. Shame my photos are crap. You get the idea though...fun drive :)

Vox - should have given you a shout, especially as I could have done with your camera skills, but it really was just "I'm up, I'm going for a drive" - sorry!

IMG_0019_zps96af44e0.jpg

IMG_0011_zps684e2efd.jpg

IMG_0008_zps7b942d29.jpg

IMG_0001_zpsc7c56bd7.jpg

Soldato
Every time I see an S2000, I'm amazed how well they've aged. They've barely changed since launch have they? Yet they still look so fresh and modern. Stick a private plate on RJs and few would think it's nearly 8 years old :)

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Spur of the morning drive at 6AM. Dawn was beautiful over the Ashdown Forest. Shame my photos are crap. You get the idea though...fun drive :)

Vox - should have given you a shout, especially as I could have done with your camera skills, but it really was just "I'm up, I'm going for a drive" - sorry!

Looking good! Bet the roads were nice and quiet too, always the best time for a drive.

It's cool, I tend not to be that friendly if my phone rings before 8 AM anyway :p

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Every time I see an S2000, I'm amazed how well they've aged. They've barely changed since launch have they? Yet they still look so fresh and modern. Stick a private plate on RJs and few would think it's nearly 8 years old :)

Great photos of the 86 :)

I think the FL s2000 has aged well for sure, the interior still feels up to date and that is one of the parts of the car that didn't have many changes done to it.

Man of Honour

[/QUOTE]

Loving the pictures. :)

Associate
On Friday I became a BMW owner for the first time. 2004 330d Sport manual.

Sorry about the crap phone photograph, it hasn't really stopped raining here since I picked it up on Friday so I haven't even been able wash it myself yet or go somewhere to take better photographs.

IMG_0042_zpsbf713fdb.jpg

I paid quite a bit less than what I was originally looking to spend on one so I'm quite happy. I didn't expect to be in a 6 cylinder BMW at 22 either.

*hides from remarks about it not being petrol and how the turbo, DMF and injectors will implode as soon as I pull off the drive, etc.* :p

Soldato
Here's my new car, picked up about a month ago - Audi RS6 - Remapped for 500hp & 600ft/lbs.

After what seemed like a solid month of rain I was finally able to give it some beans on the dried out twisty roads around Witney/Oxford where I'd previously driven a 450hp RWD R34 and a BMW 740i and knew the roads extremely well and my god, it's awesome, although you really need to be a "grab it by the scruff of the neck" style driver though to get the best from it.

While my R34 felt taut and light (even at 1.5 tonnes) with lots of feedback and my 2.5 tonne 740i felt like a wallowy barge, the RS6 felt like the best and worst of both at times. You could really feel the weight transfer during rapid direction changes (s-bends) like the 740i but without the wallow as well as hitting those bends at R34 speeds or faster which made for some interesting comments to myself as I drove - "Christ she's heavy" was mentioned a few times. However, while overtaking on the straights and on especially on the longer corners the stability and raw power of the RS6 was fantastic and I could travel much faster with more confidence on the longer corners in the RS6 than the R34 (Quattro vs RWD I suppose).

One area that concerns me was the relative lack of stability during high speed braking on long bends i.e Dual Carriage way with a long sweeping left when it merges back to single carriage way or if someone pulls out on you. It definitely lacked any poise as it wobbled about which can be a bit unnerving to say the least.

Anyway, here's the pics -

audi03.jpg

audi04.jpg

audi05.jpg

audi06.jpg

audi07.jpg

audi08.jpg

audi09.jpg

audi10.jpg

audi11.jpg

audi12.jpg

Soldato
I'm about 5 minutes away at Carterton having moved from Swindon in October. I find it a much nicer area although the Old Town was a pretty good place.

I lived the other side of Oxford in Wallingford for 5 years so I ended up driving to Henley and back down all the back roads I knew.

Permabanned
That RS6 is lovely. There is one has popped up for sale near me with 120k on the clock and a stage 2 remap for 585bhp and 730 nm torque. They're looking 10.5k for it.

Back
Top Bottom