Show Us Your Motors!

Gurdas where is the Scoob. :(

Causing mischief as usual, don't worry!

7xm2.jpg

5xon.jpg

5s59.jpg

and one more of the other one:p

iakg.jpg

Here's my new car, picked up about a month ago - Audi RS6 - Remapped for 500hp & 600ft/lbs.

After what seemed like a solid month of rain I was finally able to give it some beans on the dried out twisty roads around Witney/Oxford where I'd previously driven a 450hp RWD R34 and a BMW 740i and knew the roads extremely well and my god, it's awesome, although you really need to be a "grab it by the scruff of the neck" style driver though to get the best from it.

While my R34 felt taut and light (even at 1.5 tonnes) with lots of feedback and my 2.5 tonne 740i felt like a wallowy barge, the RS6 felt like the best and worst of both at times. You could really feel the weight transfer during rapid direction changes (s-bends) like the 740i but without the wallow as well as hitting those bends at R34 speeds or faster which made for some interesting comments to myself as I drove - "Christ she's heavy" was mentioned a few times. However, while overtaking on the straights and on especially on the longer corners the stability and raw power of the RS6 was fantastic and I could travel much faster with more confidence on the longer corners in the RS6 than the R34 (Quattro vs RWD I suppose).

One area that concerns me was the relative lack of stability during high speed braking on long bends i.e Dual Carriage way with a long sweeping left when it merges back to single carriage way or if someone pulls out on you. It definitely lacked any poise as it wobbled about which can be a bit unnerving to say the least.

Anyway, here's the pics -

audi03.jpg

audi04.jpg

audi05.jpg

audi06.jpg

audi07.jpg

audi08.jpg

audi09.jpg

audi10.jpg

audi11.jpg

audi12.jpg

Not on 47AD are you?