Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Probably more than I should but:
2010 S2k with 13500 miles, 2 owners
From Honda so 1 year manufacture warranty
4 years gap insurance
3 years smart repair

TBH I'm happy with it, I intend to keep it for a long time so was more about the car as the price I could afford.
Problem now is trying not to spend on upgrades...

and yes I will be checking the oil all the time :D

Caporegime
All UK cars have the 2.0litre engine. So rev to 9k.

It's only 4 years old so £15k isn't bad. They hold their value well

A few 09/10 seem to have issues with bearings, even with oil level kept topped up. They will start with a death rattle before grenading so try and keep an ear out. Honda have been good from what I read regarding replacements. Other than that the engines are bomb proof. 158k on mine now.

Yours looks great. Future classic for sure so look after it :D

Associate
All UK cars have the 2.0litre engine. So rev to 9k.

It's only 4 years old so £15k isn't bad. They hold their value well

A few 09/10 seem to have issues with bearings, even with oil level kept topped up. They will start with a death rattle before grenading so try and keep an ear out. Honda have been good from what I read regarding replacements. Other than that the engines are bomb proof. 158k on mine now.

Yours looks great. Future classic for sure so look after it :D

Cheers :D just reading up as much as I can on s2ki but most importantly enjoying the drive

Caporegime
Cause it's low milage and one of the last. It won't be face lifted. It's a future classic - The S2000 is the end of affordable sports cars with high revving engines and focused on the driver. 2007-08s go for £12k so my comment was related to its price for age and milage not for an S2000. Of course he could have got a 2004 for a lot less but it's not compatible to your TT example

Buying a model of a car when a facelift is due is completely different.

I'm no 'elite' crap or whatever you refer too. I simply think the A1 looks like a little tikes car :p and wouldn't care if you got an 11 plate TT. I think you think I somehow have the same view as Fox on that ?

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Didn't realise they were so expensive, do the newer ones not rev as high as the 1st generation?

Wouldn't mind shifting gear at 9000 rpm

They are not that expensive at all mate, he has somehow bought probably the most expensive S2000 in the country :p

You'll (and i mean you, as you buy trade cars like i do) be able to get a good but earlier one for about 3-4k which is the way to buy an S2000 now :)

Associate
They are not that expensive at all mate, he has somehow bought probably the most expensive S2000 in the country :p

You'll (and i mean you, as you buy trade cars like i do) be able to get a good but earlier one for about 3-4k which is the way to buy an S2000 now :)

I didn't really fancy a 2002 car with 100k on the clock which is what this kind of money would buy you (looking at autotrader)

And Im pretty sure when I got mine there was a 2010 gt around 18k lol so it was only the second most expensive :D

I understand what your saying in the sense that the drive will be similar whatever age but for a car I will keep for 4 years minimum and hope to not really sell there is no point starting with one with high mileage.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
You wont find DannyW buying cars from Autotrader, i wouldn't imagine. I was referring to him specifically when i said the above. He'll find a decent one at that money i am sure of it, if he wants one :)

Back
Top Bottom