Show Us Your Motors!

Permabanned
It's a Humber Snipe or Super Snipe. The 2.8 straight six is the Snipe, the 4.0 litre straight six is the Super Snipe. Both came in the two window style like rjk's picture, but I'm not sure what the hell it was called (saloon body, sports saloon body, 4 door coupe, who knows). Also, the hood ornament will have been a Snipe (bird).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Humber_Super_Snipe_Mk_I_1946.JPG

The only problem with the above picture is the door hinges. On rjk's pictures it looks like the hinges are at the top (it could just be reflection / light on the picture) and bottom of the door, whereas on the wikimedia picture, they're at the middle and bottom of the door and similar Humbers don't have that (top / bottom) configuration from what I've seen on t'internet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Haven't mentioned anything about panel gaps in this thread. At least Audi intergrate it into the design. Jaguar manage to do it, why can't BMW. :o;)

Probably because those cars have the worlds biggest front grilles. It's bigger than my central heating boiler :p
Less deign and more big piece of plastic, floor to top of bonnet.

Soldato
Had a meet with some fellow Audi RS owners

audi41.jpg

audi45.jpg

audi44.jpg

audi42.jpg

Back
Top Bottom