Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
How's that C2 (VTS?)? I've heard they're terrible :p

My brother has the C2 GT which i believe is the same engine as the VTS and its ok to drive, fairly nippy. the rear seats are pointless as it the boot as you struggle to fit out in them. i like the dash board though with the elctronic speed and rev counter etc.

Soldato
Both cars parked up together

13919965460_a5320d5d6a_c.jpg

Soldato
A friend of mine works for a cycling mag which held a sportive event yesterday on Dartmoor. He had to go down to photograph it. Me and one other tagged along for the trip. After the event, we were staying in a B&B just south of Exmoor. Hearing good things about the roads in the area, I got up at 5AM and decided to go exploring the roads of Exmoor.

Results? Perhaps the most fabulous drive I've ever made. I spent a happy two hours on some of the best roads I've ever seen in my (admittedly short) time as a driver. Well maintained, wide enough to keep up good speed, excellent visibility and carving through some breathtaking scenery. And hardly a soul out there. I think I passed about 4 cars in total, and two of those were on the boring bit through Minehead. It felt like I had the whole of Exmoor to myself. I did of course stop to take some shots along the way.

IMG_0677_zpse511d299.jpg

IMG_0686_zpsddf7cbd2.jpg

IMG_0692_zps04786396.jpg

IMG_0702_zps23fc7988.jpg

Not my tyre marks...
IMG_0717_zpse2cd353c.jpg

IMG_0721_zpsf293c1bb.jpg

The A39 - a fantastic drive.
IMG_0727_zps99d562bb.jpg

IMG_0761_zpsfe6b8120.jpg

IMG_0780_zps89a6e4d6.jpg

IMG_0782_zpsac941c3a.jpg

Back to the B&B just as everyone was waking up for a full English before heading home. Utterly fantastic :)

My only regret was not waking my friend to drag him along with me. His photography equipment and skill is much better than mine and he would have done the shots more justice than I can.

Associate
[TW]Fox;26258176 said:
You put a 2 year old car in the garage for 2 years?! :eek:

yeah covered and garaged, reason was I bought a house so that was my only option other then sell it. Which was a last resort...:(

4 years old now though, and its first MOT tomorrow along with corner balancing.:)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
yeah covered and garaged, reason was I bought a house so that was my only option other then sell it. Which was a last resort...:(

Surely it was sufficiently new that it would have made sense to sell it and buy another now 2 years later? Must have lost half its value whilst sitting there un-used!

Why did you put it away? Surely a warranted Twingo doesnt get any better as far as cheap to run cars goes?

Associate
[TW]Fox;26258305 said:
Surely it was sufficiently new that it would have made sense to sell it and buy another now 2 years later? Must have lost half its value whilst sitting there un-used!

Why did you put it away? Surely a warranted Twingo doesnt get any better as far as cheap to run cars goes?

I couldn't afford to run 2 cars at that time. And selling it wansnt an option, rather attached to the car.

Not really there was only 150, Renaultsport Twingo CUP versions made before they were discontinued and i bought it from new.

Soldato
I really truly hate the shape of the A1, it just doesn't work imo.

(Please dont get offended, throw the toys out of the pram and virtually attack me for my opinion. Thanks.)

Soldato
I really truly hate the shape of the A1, it just doesn't work imo.

(Please dont get offended, throw the toys out of the pram and virtually attack me for my opinion. Thanks.)

I actually quite like it, and I think a decent spec'd one like Blackhawk's looks pretty good. I'm just not a fan of small cars and I know I'd find it dull to drive.

Soldato
I actually quite like it, and I think a decent spec'd one like Blackhawk's looks pretty good. I'm just not a fan of small cars and I know I'd find it dull to drive.

I dunno, I like the idea and shape of some smaller cars (Swift Sport, DS4, Clio for example), but I really don't get on with the A1. I cant really put my finger on what it is about the shape that just puts me off. Might be the headlights + something else, and the rims just dont suit the A1 - look great on an S4/5/7 though.

Back
Top Bottom