Show Us Your Motors!

All clean ready for its MOT tomorrow.

10500454_959125201105_4487331406193075452_n_zps39536dd1.jpg

Nice upgrade AlmostStew - that cabin looks pristine. The light tan makes it seem so much bigger inside than the usual drab black and grey.

Beware of over-application of the right foot, getting into license losing territory is very easy if you use the same force as you would have needed on the Nissan.

Nice upgrade AlmostStew - that cabin looks pristine. The light tan makes it seem so much bigger inside than the usual drab black and grey.

Beware of over-application of the right foot, getting into license losing territory is very easy if you use the same force as you would have needed on the Nissan.

Thanks - it sadly doesn't look quite as good in person but it's a massive improvement to what I'm used to :D. I'm used to having to floor it in third for up hill slip roads in the Nissan so I will definitely be treading carefully in this!

The thing I hate about the focus RS is it looks so menacing, looks so rally rep, looks like it will take you through the RAC with ease. Then you look under the rear of the car to find a diff missing and go a little :( inside.

Puts the power down extremely well considering what it's pushing through the front wheels!

Because the RS is worth more than 2k it pulls off the stickers nicely and needs more, preferably of race circuits you've never visited.

Most of the stickers will be coming off, they were done by the previous owner and I prefer a cleaner look. :)

I rented one of those in the south of France once, it suited some of their tiny little ancient streets quite well in places like Antibes, i was pretty happy with it as a rental over there.

Over here though? Seems a bit pointlessly small & cramped to me for no good reason, we have cheap tax cheap insurance and fairly large roads by comparison. I think i'll stick to my V8s :D

That's awesome - let us know how you get on with it!

What's your usage? I presume not much motorway work?

50 Miles usage daily to and from work (30 miles of motorway). Costs me £1.20 in electric.

100 Mile range on a full charge, a little less if you give it some poke. It certainly keeps up with most things 0-40mph from the lights.

I am lucky I live in an area with decent rapid charge so if I do need to use the car more than 80-100 miles in a day, a quick 10-20min blast of 50kW power gives me another 40-80 miles.

My other half has a petrol car, so if needs be I just jump in her car. But 5 months and 7500 miles later, I haven't had to!

I am a petrol head, but also I am a Geek and an early adopter.

I will find it hard to go back to petrol again!

I bought the car at an awesome price, hoping the car loses £2000 a year over the next 3 years in depreciation. But it's saving me £1800-2000 a year in diesel so its effectively costing me nothing (or next to nothing) to run the car.

Last edited:
I keep seeing more and more leafs. It must be so satisfying driving it around without burning any fuel :)

As much as i love the idea of electric cars and would absolutely love a decent one (Hello Tesla model S P85) the leaf isnt the answer. Very cheap build at a too high price for what it is.

Obviously the electric bill depends how I drive and how many miles I travel that month.

For example : On average I drive around 1300 miles a month (16k a year). The average consumption I get on the car is about 4.2 miles/kWh.

1300 miles a month / 4.2 = 309kWh consumed in a month.

Depending on what electricity tariff you have my electricity is 12p/kWh.

309kWh x 12p = £37.08 to drive 1300 miles.

If i switched to economy 7 tariff which is around the 7p/kWh this would work out at £21.63.

1300 miles in my Diesel Scirocco would have cost me around £195 a month.

Basically im saving £1900 in fuel costs a year. £0 VED. Servicing costs minimal as there is nothing to service.

Jez. I agree the price a little steep, the build quality is a little bit plastic. But it feels a solid car, it's very comfortable and it's a relaxing car to do my daily commute.

Luckily I bought it 7 months old with 2,000 miles on the clock for £14,000 with no battery lease.

The car is covered with a 5 year 60k warranty on all EV components.

The plan is to keep it 3-4 years, lose £2000 a year in depreciation. But due to me saving £2000 a year on potential fuel costs it works out just fine!

I recommend anyone have a test drive of the newly released EV's out there.

Quick video that i filmed earlier of the 0-60mph

http://tinypic.com/r/2w3qi68/8

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom