Show Us Your Motors!

Puts the power down extremely well considering what it's pushing through the front wheels!

Most of the stickers will be coming off, they were done by the previous owner and I prefer a cleaner look. :)

I was joking. :) while I'm not a sticker lover I think your RS looks quite good even with the stickers, odd badges and dare I say it...black wheels. ;)

How much did it cost you roughly to have the plugin thing put in your house?

£0 if you want the 3.6kW charger or £100-120 if you want the faster 7.2kW charger. I opted for the faster charger which can add roughly 25 miles of range every hour it is plugged in.

It is part of the OLEV government grant trying to encourage EV uptake.

These prices will increase from September to roughly £100 for the 3.6kW charger.

Last edited:
I drive an Astra, well I did until it's been back at the garage for two weeks but I don't like that :(

I don't get the toe strap thing, bonnet bras or stickers at all. Wind deflectors seem to do nothing in most cars I've been in too.

Don't think the fake Rota grids work well with it either. Is that a fake of a fake of a TE37 then?

For balance here is my utterly bland Astra. I think the most exciting part is the Turbo badge on the back :o I can admit I had stickers on the back of my old Almera and I always wanted Grid Drifts in white on it too :cool:

Thats the problem when spending that amount of money on car "extremely well considering" is not good enough compared to some of the other rivals at this price point. Show it a track it becomes even more apparent.

When I say extremely well, I mean it doesn't have issues. The cars running around 420bhp at the moment and the only gear I have issues getting the power down in is 1st. In 2nd it just grips and shoots off down the road.

I love how everyone thinks just because it is front wheel drive it would just become undrivable. Either people are very blinkered, never driven one or they have driven one with the tracking out!

Wonder how quickly the battery would deteriorate?

It's hard to tell because it's still early days. The battery is 24kWh but only 19kWh is usable. This means that the battery is never totally empty and it's never full - to prolong the battery life.

There are a few people on leaftalk.co.uk and speakev.com that have approached 60,000 miles in 3 years and still have 12 out of 12 battery life bars remaining. The UK the has perfect temperature for EV use to prolong the battery life.

There is a guy in America who has done over 100,000 that has lost his first battery capacity bar.

http://transportevolved.com/2013/12...f-rolls-over-100000-miles-still-going-strong/

I think what Nissan are saying is that you will be scraping the car before the battery fails or get to the stage where the mileage is not useful.

On the subject of scrapping the car, in 10-15 years time I think you would get more than £100 when you come to scrap an EV. With all that technology, batteries, electric motor etc.

Nissan have recently released the price of a new battery if you really wanted to replace it priced at 5500 dollars which is around the £3500-4000.

http://transportevolved.com/2014/06/27/official-nissan-will-sell-new-leaf-battery-pack-5499/

I'm looking forward to aftermarket companies offering these battery packs. In 10 years you may even replace the battery and with the advancement in battery technology and energy density, you will see the range double to near 200 miles!

It's certainly interesting to be a part of this EV revolution :-)

Last edited:
Up at 5AM today. Lovely morning for a drive.

Headed along one of my favourite routes - down through Farningham - Eynsford - Otford - Sevenoaks - Edenbridge then across the Ashdown Forest; which as you can see was still covered in morning mist :)

IMG_0877_zps49ebaa51.jpg

IMG_0883_zps04e2fef1.jpg

IMG_0880_zps50b336d8.jpg

IMG_0878_zpsafe7d4b8.jpg

Is it the '86 that inspires getting up at 5am for a hoon, or is that generally in your nature Conscript? E.g. would you go out in any car early on? (Or were you actually going somewhere?)

I love driving, especially when the right weather and road combination open up to me however the idea of getting up and out early to get on some decent roads doesn't appeal! Mostly because I'm a lazy sod and love my sleep.

Still love the looks of the GT86, especially in white.

Is it the '86 that inspires getting up at 5am for a hoon, or is that generally in your nature Conscript? E.g. would you go out in any car early on? (Or were you actually going somewhere?)

I love driving, especially when the right weather and road combination open up to me however the idea of getting up and out early to get on some decent roads doesn't appeal! Mostly because I'm a lazy sod and love my sleep.

Still love the looks of the GT86, especially in white.

No, it's the car :). I do enjoy driving, but I wouldn't have got up early to take my X-Trail out, nor would I have done when I owned a 1.6 Focus.

I get frustrated with not being able to use the car to it's full potential - its my daily driver so spends 95% of it's time being used on a boring busy commute. So I like to make the effort to get up and actually go for a drive sometimes because...

With the amount of traffic around doing it at Silly AM in the morning now seems to be the best way to enjoy a good drive sadly.

...spot on. Especially where I live, it's the only time when the roads aren't congested with people faffing. And I'm quite an early riser anyway.

That said, I still got stuck behind a caravan permanently stuck at 5MPH below the speed limit on the A22 heading back toward the M25 though :/

No, it's the car :). I do enjoy driving, but I wouldn't have got up early to take my X-Trail out, nor would I have done when I owned a 1.6 Focus.

I get frustrated with not being able to use the car to it's full potential - its my daily driver so spends 95% of it's time being used on a boring busy commute. So I like to make the effort to get up and actually go for a drive sometimes because...

I know what you mean! A friend and I took our M135i's out at 5:30am yesterday to do this route (from this thread). Fortunately I wake up at about 5am every day so it wasn't too much of a struggle to get out of bed so early.

It was really good to be able to attack corners without the fear of encountering traffic. Unfortunately by about 8am there were just too many cars on the road. Next time we'll do it on a Sunday instead.

Back
Top Bottom