Show Us Your Motors!

7YH163z.gif

More details please.

As you wish...

98 XJR X308, standard apart from full 3" stainless exhaust system and 200 cell sports cats, running round 400bhp. I've owned her for 7.5 years. Only cost me a wheel bearing and brake pipe in 6 years of maintenance ownership till it suffered HGF last year costing me £2k to repair which included some other bits and bobs to ensure the car was running at its best, FJSH with a current value of **** all.

Last edited:
Tis a lovely thing that Jag and a fantastic colour to boot. I would love an XJR. There's one for sale in Down, in an amazing shade of blue for £2295. But I haven't the money to pour into one to keep it ship shape.

[TW]Fox;26669832 said:
Perhaps he had just washed it?

Got the Polish to do it ;)

What time did it run down the strip?

That day my quickest time was 13.8, which was before the exhaust system so stock, going down again soon and hoping to crack 13.5 this time with a couple more hp's on my side. So hard to get off the mark without masses of wheel spin the car would be much better with a LSD down the strip.

Tis a lovely thing that Jag and a fantastic colour to boot. I would love an XJR. There's one for sale in Down, in an amazing shade of blue for £2295. But I haven't the money to pour into one to keep it ship shape.

You can get lucky and they cost you next to nothing to run fuel aside obviously, or you can be unlucky and they'll cost you double the purchase price within a few months. It's like anything, go after a well maintained example pay a bit more, cross your fingers and you should be alright. £2295 sounds a little cheap, I'd be worried, be wide awake if you do go and look at that one. The later X308's are the best most of the issues had been sorted by 2001/2002 thats the one to get these days, no tensioner or water pump problems either, not to mention steel lined engines, but thats another story.

Last edited:
Picked this up today

yBnVszK.jpg

I have come from an 11 plate standard caddy which I really liked but missed the comforts of a car. This one is much more car like with the 2.0tdi 140ps, a/c, nav, bluetooth, heated seats, cruise etc. Only driven it home 30 odd miles but really like it so far :)

Last edited:
Spent a bit of time yesterday giving the Z4 a good clean. Bit too hot to be polishing and waxing but it needed to be topped up. Rained soon afterwards and now it's got dusty!

2014-07-28.jpg

Changed the wheels for CSL reps today - the before and after pics look like a different car what with the after shot being filthy and having new side grills. :(

BeforE:

After:

Unsettled from jack lowering:

At the moment, I love both sets and prefer the shape of the CSL's. However, I do feel the black on the OEM's contrasts the colour of the car really well and I think that is actually making the OEM's suit it slightly more, dispite my liking the CSL's more....

Picked this up today

yBnVszK.jpg

I have come from an 11 plate standard caddy which I really liked but missed the comforts of a car. This one is much more car like with the 2.0tdi 140ps, a/c, nav, bluetooth, heated seats, cruise etc. Only driven it home 30 odd miles but really like it so far :)

Nice :)

Wish mine had AC, heatest seats and cruise control :(

(New Transit Connect)

Back
Top Bottom