Show Us Your Motors!

Manual or auto? Can you clip ever apex?

Like a boss! Ah it's funny though, When I started learning a couple of months ago, I was clipping every corner and roundabout I tried to get passed. I was turning too early, it's easy to forget there 12 meters of bus behind you!

This ones an auto. The one I'm doing lessons in is a manual. Test coming up start of Sept, fingers crossed all goes well!

Gave it a quick clean and a few snaps with my compact camera before someone comes to view her tonight:

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

such a good example, gonna miss it!

Is that your only car that hasn't been in the wars Tom? (Rentals included ;))

Don't see many on the roads these days and they're not a lot of money for what they are. Looks well :)

10557082_10152571078830801_2352765514992258909_o.jpg

1500 miles done so far and still enjoying it.

Went on a one night trip to Wales last week with the 3 kids in the back and it was surprisingly comfy. Just enough space for everything although I might look into getting a roof box for trips that last longer than one night!

Runs out of puff quite quickly up the rev range but low down pull is nice or as nice as can be expected for a 1.6 turbo.

Best i've managed around town so far is 30mpg.

No niggles yet which is surprising as I normally find fault with something very quickly. I guess the gear change can be a bit too clunky at times.

No niggles yet which is surprising as I normally find fault with something very quickly. I guess the gear change can be a bit too clunky at times.

I really do find this car quite interesting. I wonder what prices will be like in 3 years and how well they hold up reliability and quality wise. Cant be much worse than my FK2 Civic which feels like I'm driving a rattling wheelie bin at times.

Enough people seem to be buying them new, I have spotted them all over and the press seem to love it. "Hot" hatch of the people? Certainly is an attractive proposition on paper.

I've got mine for 3 years and like you said, will be interesting to see how it gets on.

My father drove it for the first time this week and his daily is a MK6 Golf GTI. He was shocked at just how well it drove, how comfy it was and how solid it felt. Speed wise he didn't notice much difference (although I have) but did notice how smooth the power came in.

I've only seen one more by me, a white Pro Cee'd. Had a guy come over and have a chat in Wales when he pulled into the car park in his VR7 Cee'd and was generally impressed with it too.

I think once you realise it's not a proper fire breathing Hot Hatch then it's pretty good at what it does.

Handling is a LOT better than I expected. Coming from a MK6 Fiesta ST which at once stage in it's life had AST Cup spec coilovers on it (3 way adjustable, remote res, camber and castor, etc) I actually feel more planted in this.

Must admit I think it could cope with more power quite easily (apart from the brakes as they lack any feel). A remap sees 240bhp and 330Nm over the stock 200bhp and 266Nm.

Wouldn't mind popping over to an OcUK RR day or meet but trying to find the time too might prove difficult

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom