Show Us Your Motors!

Excellent, the will to get up early is always a good sign :) Sounds good! BMW is away having some stuff done this week but can go for a drive/picture session at some point soon hopefully. Where abouts have you moved to, still around the Medway?

Yes, moved to Wainscott. Can wash the car more often now that I have a driveway and easy access to power/water :)

And I didn't end up going for a drive this morning. Ended up lying in a bit instead. Nevermind.

125ps is more than adequate for a focus. Wernt the old 1.6's in astras and focus's only about 100ps?

My 1.6 Focus was 98BHP IIRC (about 99PS?) and that was not fast but definitely adequate, although I guess it would be slightly lighter than a new Focus too.

A few pictures my friend took at my recent track day at Blyton Park :)

blyton20141.jpg

blyton20142.jpg

blyton20143.jpg

My 1.6 Focus was 98BHP IIRC (about 99PS?) and that was not fast but definitely adequate, although I guess it would be slightly lighter than a new Focus too.

Yeah I had a 1.6 Focus years ago and it was a horrible engine, absolutely gutless.
Had a read up on this one and it does certainly look impressive for a 1.0 though the real life MPG figures don't seem to get anywhere close to what Ford state. Can see it being good in a Fiesta or Ka but the Focus is a big car and will need a fair bit of torque to get it going.

Would be interested to hear how it drives from Steedie after coming from the XF.

Edit: Nevermind just saw your new car thread :D

Last edited:
Can't understand why they haven't put the 1 litre Ecoboost in a Ka. Would be a hoot. Remapped to 140ps and call it a Ka ST, would be a fun little car comparable to an Abarth 500.

Used to wonder the same with the old Ka and Ford's zippy 1.25 Zetec engine out of the Fiesta, though when I mentioned the idea to a Ford sales person she thought they'd all end up on their roofs! :p

But there was also the fact that the 1.25 Zetec Fiestas cost maybe a grand more than those running the 1.3 8valve jobbie and probably would have taken the Ka out of it's price bracket.

With the current Ka engine coming from Fiat it'd take a fair bit of engineering to get a Ford ecoboost engine in it's place, and Fiat may not have the capacity to cater for a significantly different variant of Ka. I'd expect Ford being happy enough with the amount of Fiesta ST's they're shifting instead.

Back
Top Bottom