Show Us Your Motors!

You must feel pretty dejected having gained just 7bhp from what must be nearly £1000 in mods.

The caveat with Hondas is that it's not always the power increase, it's the mid range linearity you can gain. Where stock feels like it bogs down, mods can make the poswer delivery similar through the rev range.

Still, I personally couldn't spend that amont of money just for that. I always wanted to mod my EP3 but it was never going to be worth it.

You must feel pretty dejected having gained just 7bhp from what must be nearly £1000 in mods.

That is the most expensive 7bhp ever. Bit like playing GT5 again.

N1 = £300
Air filter = £46
Second De-cat = £100
Jazz Manifold = £60

Total spend = £506

That's over the space of a year and half. Which is 547.5 days, which equals to about £0.92 a day.

Worth it for less than a quid a day.

Tbh most of what I have done is not for peak power figures, it's more of a base line set of mods for when I get the SC fitted.

For example, I'll need a better flowing exhaust system to pair with the SC, so secondary de-cat and N1 fit the bill. The intake manifold assists with low down torque and the spoon air filter, well was kinda just an impulse buy, but it's essentially just a glorified service part.

I'm happy with the progress I've made with it as I know I have made sound choices that make sense that both increase drivability & on paper performance.

I haven't (for example) just whacked an expensive ECU (more than the cost of all my mods in total) on a stock car for the hell of it.

You're all forgetting that the car costs very little to run. Meaning outlay on mods is offset somewhat.
You can justify spending money on nice parts when the car is easy on the wallet.

Nobody buys any Honda parts expecting huge gains from NA tuning anyway.

Fair enough, the N1 is a lot cheaper than I had imagined, Jap performance parts are usually eye watering. Presumably it is designed for a 130hp motor, is it really big enough for SC applications?

Fair enough, the N1 is a lot cheaper than I had imagined, Jap performance parts are usually eye watering. Presumably it is designed for a 130hp motor, is it really big enough for SC applications?

They are usually £400 but I got in in the spoon 25% off Facebook promo.

Yeah as the N1 design itself differs very little from its application on the ep3, dc5 etc. it's just the fitment and length that is made to match the car.

Stupidly expensive to get power out of Honda's! They make them far to well!

But 7bhp you could potentially put that down to variations in the dyno, its only a 5% difference after all. :)

I've never driven a hybrid and that torque graph in the other thread suggests it could be fun!

Stupidly expensive to get power out of Honda's! They make them far to well!

But 7bhp you could potentially put that down to variations in the dyno, its only a 5% difference after all. :)

I've never driven a hybrid and that torque graph in the other thread suggests it could be fun!

Nah it ain't a dyno variation man. Iv ran every single car iv owned at PS and they have all made stock power when they should.

Main reason I wanted to run at PS again was cos I'd already ran there last year stock. In the end it isn't the peak figures that count, it's the before and after % increase.

this is my passion... heres my old daily
325i touring
IMAG0171.jpg

here is my current rolling project..
Audi A4 110BHP TDi quattro avant.
running 150bhp and around 320nm torque
20140510_194929_zpsrtkwyflg.jpg

plans for the Audi are s4 side skirts, bumpers, new wings and a few choice upgrades for more power... It already goes better than any 325i ive had but gives me double the mpg..
( Ive already got the s4 skirts and bumpers just waiting on a pair of wings so I can get them all painted. )

What's the Jazz manifold like then? I noticed the engine did have a bit of a squished manifold, I assumed to miss the bonnet unlike the L15 in the Jazz. Guess jazz is just closer and fits but would take a hit on pedestrian impact. Decent mod I guess!

The later CRZ with lithium have slightly more engine power aswell don't they?

Back
Top Bottom