Show Us Your Motors!

this is my passion... heres my old daily
325i touring
IMAG0171.jpg

My god, an E30 that hasn't been totally ruined! Nice one. :D

I keep wanting an E30 again. Damn it.

What's the Jazz manifold like then? I noticed the engine did have a bit of a squished manifold, I assumed to miss the bonnet unlike the L15 in the Jazz. Guess jazz is just closer and fits but would take a hit on pedestrian impact. Decent mod I guess!

The later CRZ with lithium have slightly more engine power aswell don't they?

The jazz manifold should increase the low to mid range torque.

Yeah the 2013 onwards got 137PS stock with lithium!

My god, an E30 that hasn't been totally ruined! Nice one. :D

I keep wanting an E30 again. Damn it.

cheers. yea ive had a few E30's and I would like to say that none of them have been ruined
I sold my last one just after my youngest was born.
he was born with scoliosis and has spent a lot of time in and out the Edinburgh sick kids and has had a few major spinal operations so I needed something a bit more practical and better on fuel hence I went for an A4 tdi.

one of my other old E30's ( there's been many )
wheels were changed to 15"bbs as I hated them on 17's
IMG_1408_zpsc7dcb93d.jpg

cheers. yea ive had a few E30's and I would like to say that none of them have been ruined
I sold my last one just after my youngest was born.
he was born with scoliosis and has spent a lot of time in and out the Edinburgh sick kids and has had a few major spinal operations so I needed something a bit more practical and better on fuel hence I went for an A4 tdi.

one of my other old E30's ( there's been many )
wheels were changed to 15"bbs as I hated them on 17's
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss150/jbh325i/IMG_1408_zpsc7dcb93d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Love E30s, that looks tidy.

It isn't. As it isn't a paper disposable filter, rather a reusable one.

More like a k&n painted yellow ;)

They must have changed them because I very stupidly bought one for an EK4 and it was very clearly an OEM filter painted yellow, this turned out to be common knowledge with everyone on the forums, I think only the S2000 filter was sponge instead of paper but might be wrong, was time ago yo

Nath, I hope it's the camera's white balance that is making those headlights look blue :p

They looked pretty darned blue to me at the time too, I commented whilst it was on the dyno :p

They are quite blue when looking at the car but white when behind the wheel.

Although I think the photos exaggerate it a lot.

Looks cool tho innit

Nice, GFs nan lived there until very recently (bungalow on Iden road, don't suppose it was you who bought the house? :p) and seemed like a decent area :)

Nah, I know where Iden Road is though. It's not too bad an area. As with anywhere, there are parts that have a poor reputation.

My car insurance premiums have dropped slightly though :p

Cheers. Mine is the one on the left with stupid wheels. Should hopefully have some better, smaller ones soon which should improve the look no end, not to mention the handling and ride too. It's slowly taking shape and I'm enjoying owning, driving and working on it, unlike the E30 before it. :)
went from E30 ownership to Vag ownership.... there was me thinking I was the only one..

is she the 16 valver or 8 valve?

went from E30 ownership to Vag ownership.... there was me thinking I was the only one..

is she the 16 valver or 8 valve?

Yeah, 325i cab to the mk2. :D

It's an 8v for no real reason other than I figured I might as well start with the lowest powered GTI, can always change engines if I get bored but I'm really liking the 8v for now (had it since mid Dec).

Cheers. Mine is the one on the left with stupid wheels. Should hopefully have some better, smaller ones soon which should improve the look no end, not to mention the handling and ride too. It's slowly taking shape and I'm enjoying owning, driving and working on it, unlike the E30 before it. :)

What was wrong with the E30, if you don't mind me asking?

What was wrong with the E30, if you don't mind me asking?

It was never a minter:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18399007

It wasn't really my sort of car which didn't help things. I like to have a car I can cruise along the motorway, throw down some back roads and easily pop to the shops/around town in.
The 325i cab I had couldn't really do any of those very well. On the motorway it was loud and fairly slow, it wallowed about on all roads and was awful down more major country roads let alone back roads and was always a bit of faff when going to the shops. The main redeeming feature was being able to drop the roof and waft around on a nice summers day for a random and lazy drive.

I also had no end of problems with the car and was sinking more and more money into it with none of it adding value and it still needing loads more putting into it. Ideally it needed a huge amount of bodywork doing, new interior, suspension refresh and other bits. It kept throwing up issues too, like destroying the diff casing 1mile from home on the way back from doing some shopping. It was pretty much a case of never being able to plan much or being sure if the car would work each time I took it out, not great when it's your only car and a "daily" (not used for work, just used most days).

I just never really properly fell in love with it...although the noise was brilliant, I do love BMW straight 6 engines. :cool:

The Golf pretty much is the opposite really even with wheels that make the handling and ride worse than it should be....but then they are two very different cars of course. Before I bought the E30 I had been looking at mk2 Golfs amongst other things and only really picked it up as it was fairly cheap (albeit broken).

I also had no end of problems with the car and was sinking more and more money into it with none of it adding value and it still needing loads more putting into it.

yip that about sums up E30 ownership...

the M20B25 straight 6 makes a lovely noise especially when a 6 branch and a decent system is hanging off the side of the engine but they are money pits... and anyone that's selling bits think there worth there weight in gold..

don't get me wrong ive had lots of them ranging from 318is, 325i sports, touring's, baurs and full convertibles and they were nice cars to own..

the thing is Ive now got an Audi A4 tdi quattro that's actually is a nicer thing to drive, faster, better grip and more of a fun car on a back road..

the only things I miss about the E30's is the noise and the joys of getting the back end out on a bend.

Picture049_zps368d13c1.jpg

DSC00445_zps23130abe.jpg

DSC01673_zpse1ff6d1f.jpg

000065_zps62805bee.jpg

the 2 tourings were mine. the green cab is my mates. this was used as my wifes wedding car
DSC00182_zps5da316f8.jpg
[/url]

my old E28 M535
4755086399a5824706707l_zps7b298b73.jpg

318i Bauer? Nice

No offence, but all those E30s look like absolute sheds :p

Incorrect, the convertibles (with the roof down) look like skips. :D

Also.....Bauer...yuck.

I'd post my Golf thread on here but to be honest, I really can't be bothered, I'll just randomly post in here and maybe the 'what did you do' thread. :)

Back
Top Bottom