Show Us Your Motors!

[TW]Fox;26757659 said:
Yea, I bet it's a revelation - like night and day!

It really is, I am literally blown away. It's simply stunning :rolleyes:

Relentless81 said:
Curious as to why you didn't go for the 1.2 TSI in the first place?

I really can't give you a reason... I just didn't go for it. I thought the 3 cylinder would be sufficient but it was pretty bad.

Presumably 6 months from now you'll be showing us your new 64 plate 1.4TSI and explaining how terrible the interior is on the current one and how the engine sucks? :p

[TW]Fox;26757762 said:
Presumably 6 months from now you'll be showing us your new 64 plate 1.4TSI and explaining how terrible the interior is on the current one and how the engine sucks? :p

Never say, never. 6 months is pushing it though I'll give it a year then upgrade to a Golf or Scirocco ;)

MORE SPEED said:
So you did 5539 miles in one 1.2 polo, paid for the depreciation, then got another one?

Never saw this, when you phrase it like that yes. However someone has to keep the used car market going!

Weirdly I am. The interior is a whole lot nicer to spend time in.

The 'older' one had a 1.2 3 cylinder. It was woeful, which is the main reason for the change. The 1.2TSI I think is a awesome little engine.

I didn't mean actually old...

Having owned the 1.2 3 cylinder 59 ps polo and driven the 1.2 tsi polo I can understand this upgrade.

I can beat that, a girl I know bought a brand new limited editon Corsa and did less than 1,000 miles in it throughout a full year then traded it in for a brand new Vauxhall Adam, the dealership must've been laughing.

did you not test drive the 3cyl before you bought it? all 3cyl are terrible and have a serious lack of torque. i imagine a 1.2 tfsi is very slow and gutless as well, how much does a polo weigh these days? 1.2-1.3t? its going to have around 75bhp per ton. :(
I can beat that, a girl I know bought a brand new limited editon Corsa and did less than 1,000 miles in it throughout a full year then traded it in for a brand new Vauxhall Adam, the dealership must've been laughing.
how did she manage to do less than 1000miles in a year? thats less then 3 miles a day!

how did she manage to do less than 1000miles in a year? thats less then 3 miles a day!

My mate Gordon's old man has a Toyota Hi-lux pick up that hes had for 12 years on its last MOT it had done 800 miles.. the year before it was around the same yet the scary thing is he uses it every week day!! but he only does a few miles down to his orchard and back.

the last time it got a decent run was when I borrowed it to go up and pull a mates caravan back from Lochearnhead to Denny

My mate Gordon's old man has a Toyota Hi-lux pick up that hes had for 12 years on its last MOT it had done 800 miles.. the year before it was around the same yet the scary thing is he uses it every week day!! but he only does a few miles down to his orchard and back.

the last time it got a decent run was when I borrowed it to go up and pull a mates caravan back from Lochearnhead to Denny
and i thought me doing 6k a year wasn't much.

and i thought me doing 6k a year wasn't much.
my cars are normally the other way round. our old passat at one point was doing about 600 miles a week.
for 4 month at one point It was doing over a 1000 miles a week because of where I was working. it was a 200 odd mile round trip and I was doing that 6 days a week most of the time.

I was glad the company was paying travelling time and also gave me a fuel card to use while I was on that job

did you not test drive the 3cyl before you bought it? all 3cyl are terrible and have a serious lack of torque. i imagine a 1.2 tfsi is very slow and gutless as well, how much does a polo weigh these days? 1.2-1.3t? its going to have around 75bhp per ton. :(

What!? 3 cylinders are excellent within their segment. More will be coming aswell.

I do like the new facelifted polo aswell though the changes are so damn subtle...

What changes?

I actually preferred the first one.

I cant imagine what goes through peoples minds when swapping and changing new cars like that. Fair enough on an older second hand car but to suffer a new car depreciation hit twice in two years is just burning cash tbh.

I remember when Nath had his first car, a 1.2 polo and after a year he lost an eye watering amount of money on it.

Back
Top Bottom